Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No electricity

Options
  • 11-08-2009 7:25pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've had no electricity here in annacotty area for the past 20mins or so - just as i was about to cook dinner. Typical! Any other areas affected? Rang the esb. Couldn't say yet what the fault is and could be 2-4 hours before its restored :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Here in Castletroy at work,no power issues...and we'd notice anything minor here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

It was gone all over Annacotty village - no power in the Black Swan or the shop. Was out for about 45/50 mins - back for the past 20mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

cAr0l wrote: »
    We've had no electricity here in annacotty area for the past 20mins or so - just as i was about to cook dinner. Typical! Any other areas affected? Rang the esb. Couldn't say yet what the fault is and could be 2-4 hours before its restored :-(

Just starting to get the dinner on the go after 7pm?

\Crosses cArOl off list of possible Internet Brides.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

there seems to be quite a few of us out this direction, we should have a beers in the swan!

God I'd be the talk of the village! Meeting people off d interwebs? It'd go down in the record books out here :P
    Although I have to say its a fine pub!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

good lord, 2-4 hours without power? nobody should have to put with that in todays modern urban utopia. lets hope you don't freeze to death

anyway i gotta admire your survival skills, most city dwellers would be having a panic attack only a few seconds after the lights went out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

God I'd be the talk of the village! Meeting people off d interwebs? It'd go down in the record books out here :P
    Although I have to say its a fine pub!
    sure you'd only be meeting the neighbours ;)

zuroph wrote: »
    sure you'd only be meeting the neighbours ;)

I do like your thinking :p
    +1 for Limerick Beers in Annacotty here! Sure you can even do a pub crawl out this side now - gone are the days when it was only the swan :D

Advertisement