Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bag of Chips!!

Options
  • 11-08-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

just want to ask people what they think in case im missing out somewhere! roma for me, always beats the recession blues!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Joe's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

It has to be that place down from Roma- it is small frish and chip shop across from Breatnachs pub- anyone know where i am talkin about?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ The blue door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Im living in paulstown and the nearest best chips weve found so far are the roma in Thomastown. Is it the same crowd has the one in town?? Actually havent ever got chips in the city:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Quantity: Joes

Quality: Roccos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

Im living in paulstown and the nearest best chips weve found so far are the roma in Thomastown. Is it the same crowd has the one in town?? Actually havent ever got chips in the city:confused:

sounds like theres an opening for a good greasy chippy in paulstown so!

i dont agree about the chips in roccos - their so so, however roccos is the best place for the olde chicken burgers. joes is a place i havent been in a while, but from my last experience its sheer quanity & forget about the quality. does he still wear the milan shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Joes for a bag of chips but curry chips it's that place next to Del pappas, can't think of the name but they do great curry chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Larkins hands down for me.

Not mad on Joe's or Rocco's and I tried that Culleton's place the other night and thought they were pretty tasteless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Quantity: Joes

Quality: Roccos

totally agree, plus I'm very partial to Roccos salad quarter pounders. Without them I lose my special powers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

There seriously isnt anything like a cheeseburger and chip from Roma. Pure perfection

• Advertisement

There seriously isnt anything like a cheeseburger and chip from Roma. Pure perfection

If there anything like Roma Thomastown, the fresh cod is the biz too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well i am from Paulstown- and Bagenalstown is nearer- roosters and romano cafe- think taht place may be gone though. Roosters are nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ The blue door!

Ah thankyou. I knew it had a blue door as well. I think the fish and chips are savage there.

Well i am from Paulstown- and Bagenalstown is nearer- roosters and romano cafe- think taht place may be gone though. Roosters are nice.

Tried roosters and I wasnt impressed, the chips were really really greasy, pick up 1 and theres 3 stuck to it eww. and the fish I couldnt finish it it defo was not cod even though it was on the menu as cod, infact it didnt even look or taste like a plausible cod substitute. Maybe I got them on a bad night but I was mad having paid for what I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Roma is good for chips alright, but they could do with upping the portions slightly.

Not mad on the Blue Door, the chips there were MILES better a few years back when it was Delaneys. Back then, you could only get chips, fish, sausages and pudding. No burgers, chicken or anything fancy like that.

Not had anything out of Roccos in ages. Down in Kilkenny this weekend, must give it a lash.

Is Breda's on Friary St still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

roosters? think i know that place, had a stop off returning from croker one time - aint bad!

has anyone tried the taco fries in supermacs, hits the spot after a night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Definately Rocco's. They're not too greasy and there's just the right sized portion. Pity that there's always a huge queue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

brettmirl wrote: »
    Is Breda's on Friary St still open?

No its been closed about a year or two now. Theres some new food place there now I think. Went to Bredas every Friday in 6th class lovely chips. Used to love reading the notices behind the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Nightwish wrote: »
    Definately Rocco's. They're not too greasy and there's just the right sized portion. Pity that there's always a huge queue though.

Only went there the once as it's the far side of town to me and the queue was massive and disorganized, waited ages just for a single bag of chips - they were good but no better or worse then joe's and thats closer to me.

Breada's use to be great on a thursday, staff night out head there before heading to Ryans. The mobile chip van around the Castle isn't too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Ya Breda's is still there... at least the chipper is. Called something else now though. I don't know if it is run by the same people.

Threadhead on the forum here was touting this place as the nicest chips. Well, I acted solely on his advise and on my next visit to the chippers I wandered up friary street and picked up a bag and in fairness, they were really very nice. Much less soggy than the Roma and Joes and really tasty. So I would endorse his recomendation of The Artist Formerly Known as Breda for chips.

Speaking of Joe's, ever get onion rings in there? Basically half an onion, battered and deep fried. Onion hemispheres more like. Antiyum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Does Rocco's still do those savage hotdogs? christ they were something else, haven't been in there for ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Larkins hands down for me.

Not mad on Joe's or Rocco's and I tried that Culleton's place the other night and thought they were pretty tasteless.

Larkins mmmmmmmmmm best chips ever!! Wish I was in Kilkenny now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

Been to most kilkenny chippers and have yet to find a better one than larkins, they are the business. Had joes one night recently, not to be recomended, had inedible chicken due to salt overload yuk!!!! Larkins is your only man, cheap and gorgeous. Larkins recently came top of a poll in the kk people for best chipper. All a matter of personal preference I think!

Advertisement