Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution to the recession?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Have a big massive **** off party!

On Newstalk now. There's a guy that is putting forward that next march we should have 2-3 days off for the St. Patrick's day celebrations, invite key people from abroad such as Joe Biden, instead of our ministers jetsetting around the globe. He says it will do much more for our profile abroad than Martin Cullen walking down a street in New York.

It's an Irish solution to an Irish problem! Great idea. Let's have a piss up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What recession, its a depression now

And why wait till Paddy's Day, how about Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Can we not do it sooner? Bit of a wait until next March. I know. This weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Wahey!!!

*Opens bottle of wine*

Just rang work. Told them I'm having a 3 day party, told them all to join me too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bleg wrote: »
    Have a big massive **** off party!

On Newstalk now. There's a guy that is putting forward that next march we should have 2-3 days off for the St. Patrick's day celebrations, invite key people from abroad such as Joe Biden, instead of our ministers jetsetting around the globe. He says it will do much more for our profile abroad than Martin Cullen walking down a street in New York.

It's an Irish solution to an Irish problem! Great idea. Let's have a piss up!
    Wouldn't that be a welcome party?

No they're on about inviting loads of big wigs over. Generate media interest all over the EU/US and Asia!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Maybe if people don't listen to assholes on barstools and people who think their ideas that get read on newstalk are rapid, that could be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Salvelinus wrote: »
    Maybe if people don't listen to assholes on barstools and people who think their ideas that get read on newstalk are rapid, that could be a start.
    don't be ridiculous,logical and rational thinking never solved anything.

don't be ridiculous,logical and ratuional thinking never solved anything.

Off to the taxi rank with you.

Or maybe we'd be better off if we weren't so grouchy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Off to the taxi rank with you.
    Now this is much more like an irish solution to the recession,just leave.

• Advertisement

Or maybe we'd be better off if we weren't so grouchy;)

Can an industry be made of grouchy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

the weapons industry?

I can sense my posts haven't met your high standards. Sorry. In future I'll be more selective of what I post in after hours.

I can sense my posts haven't met your high standards. Sorry. In future I'll be more selective of what I post in after hours.

Standards? I'm just another bored office monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

There's a guy that is putting forward that next march we should have 2-3 days off for the St. Patrick's day celebrations, invite key people from abroad such as Joe Biden

Suppose we couldn't really afford Obama himself.

prinz wrote: »
    Suppose we couldn't really afford Obama himself.

all together now:

Yes we can!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I suppose nothing promotes our international image like "Come on over lads, we'll session through the recession!". Well it can't be any worse than sending the pigs into the White House on their hind trotters I suppose.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

ah will you's ever just let the tired country have its recess.

we are going to suffer about 20 years of living in slums for the way we carried on for the last 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

it's not that bad really. at least when the inevitable famine kicks in there's enough of lenihan, cowen and jabba the harney to feed us all for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 booboobear

I think the Paddys day party would be a great idea. They really should be coming to our country alright. Prob won't solve the recession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

We should ask France and Germany...theyre out of it
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8198766.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I love the idea! Esp the Joe Biden bit. We should invite the second most powerful people from every country in the World along with anyone who has ever won a Olympic Silver medal! It would be class. Larry Mullen and Stephen Gately could present the whole thing. We could brand it - Nearlyfest 2010!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

We should ask France and Germany...theyre out of it
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8198766.stm

:mad:SPLITTERS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    :mad:SPLITTERS:mad:

Nothing but a bunch af abandoning abandoniers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We already know that the government couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, so there's not much hope for this plan if they've anything to do with it.

A Boards International night-out would be better, and even I would travel 200 miles to that.

Getting any potential investors rat-arsed would be the only way that you can get any of them to invest, because no-one in their right mind would do it if they were sober.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It was riverdance that caused teh "celtic tiger" in the first place..we couldf have something similar now and dance our way to prosperity..that peadophiole priest who ran in front of teh grand prix could lead.

Advertisement