Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question: What time are results given out tomorrow?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Cheers.

Thomond2006

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Anytime after 9:30 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

My school says half 10 to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Far as I know they should be available everywhere from 9am. Available on the internet from 12 isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

From 9:30 in my school, best just to give your school a ring and find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Think its nine for my school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Our school never told us, we're all just heading down for nine anyway. Even if we don't get the results straight away we can have a bit of craic waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

My school is from 9 - 12. You can show up at anytime but they expect everybody early. I'd say there's going to be some sort of assembly as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Our school never told us (St. Joseph's The Bish in Galway). I tried calling today at about 4.30, but got voicemail three times - obviously shut up shop at 4.00. We're all going in at 9.00 and like Gallows said, it'll be a bit of craic even if we have to wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a few housekeeping things that need to be done once the results arrive in the school - a quick check that all the results are there and that there are no unexpected subjects or levels, then most schools separate the carbon copy from the back of the results, file the copy in student files and put the front copy of the results in individual envelopes for each candidate to collect.

Generally speaking there are staff on hand to help with all this, so they shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes, even in a big school.

Some schools send someone to the delivery office to collect the results early, but An Post have been quite good in recent years getting them out to schools before 9.30am, so as a general rule, you should be able to get them by 10am - certainly by 11am at the latest. They're online from noon.

Some schools may have their own procedures as mentioned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I think I'm going to pull an all-nighter because there is not a fear that I will be able to get up for 9am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    I think I'm going to pull an all-nighter because there is not a fear that I will be able to get up for 9am!

Solution: Sleep until 12 -> check results online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

spurious wrote: »
    There are a few housekeeping things that need to be done once the results arrive in the school - a quick check that all the results are there and that there are no unexpected subjects or levels, then most schools separate the carbon copy from the back of the results, file the copy in student files and put the front copy of the results in individual envelopes for each candidate to collect.

Generally speaking there are staff on hand to help with all this, so they shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes, even in a big school.

Some schools send someone to the delivery office to collect the results early, but An Post have been quite good in recent years getting them out to schools before 9.30am, so as a general rule, you should be able to get them by 10am - certainly by 11am at the latest. They're online from noon.

Some schools may have their own procedures as mentioned before.

So do An Post only deliver the results tomorrow morning? I thought they would have done it today at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah, they come in the post tomorrow, though some years I've accompanied another teacher up to the delivery office to collect them.

I'm not sure, but it's possible Athlone schools could have them earlier, if they have made arrangements with the SEC to collect them at Cornamaddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Conor108 wrote: »
    Solution: Sleep until 12 -> check results online
    You don't check your results online, it's just unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Thanks for the help lads.

Good luck tommorrow btw.

Advertisement