Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry McCabe = How many citizens ?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

It seems to me those who pontificate on boards.ie most about McCabe will remain silent on Ritchie Barron and even worse murders. This one killing is hyped for cheap political reasons way, way, way above any of the other 3,500 or so murders during the troubles. And that includes the Dublin and Monaghan bombings in 1974, the largest murder in the history of the state which was closed down after just one month, despite protests from Army intelligence officers and explosive experts. Says it all about totally servile, obedient wee ' Independent Republic' that this state is as they'd would rather bury the truth than expose a mass murder prepetrated by britain against it's citizens - even in it's own terroritory.

And why isn't there as much a fuss in finding and punishing the killers of Ritchie Barron in Donegal ?? Let me guess, erm, emmm, the Guards disgraced themsleves in the persecution and attempted frame up of the McBrearty's, and Sinn Fein is not linked to the murder. Undoubtably the latter though is the most important in the continual mega hype. You'd think those respondcible for McCabe's death were through the connivice of the state allowed to get off with it as in Ritchie Barron's case, while those who killed McCabe at least were punished and did their sentences for manslaughter. The hypocisy of the whole think stinks, but nothing better could be expected from our corrupt little Republic. Even the likes of Fintan O'Toole have commented in the Irish Times about the hypocrisy and megahype over a single death as unfortunate as it was.

But I suppose now we can expect the usual "what about Jerry McCabe :pac:", "what about Jerry McCabe :pac:", , "what about Jerry McCabe :pac:", and then they'll tell us it has nothing to do with bullsh!tting eternally on about the Shinners and McCabe but their interested in justice etc, etc,etc :pac::pac::pac:......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I don't like Shinners and it's handy to bring it up and watch them squirm, snivel and do their best not to give a straight answer.

Simple as that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

What about Jerry McCabe though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

4 - hea ate quite a lot of donuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

yeah and no one cares about who shot JR anymore, youre all so fickle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Jerry McCabe = 1 citizen

Jerry McCabe > all those IRA sympathisers who put up a smoke screen in relation to his murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I'd love to see criminals of all kinds brought to justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

UTV advert alert..........said in a ballymoney accent.....
    "shinners........it's good to talk".

Pity all of that talk is complete and utter propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

prinz wrote: »
    I'd love to see criminals of all kinds brought to justice.

That's great.

I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there is a certain hesitancy for tackling some murders, but not others. Like Aidan McAnespie, or Richie Barron as highlighted. There is certainly merit in the first post, and it does bring about an interesting question.

For the record - I don't think we should make light of the death of Jerry McCabe. He was a man with a family, and it was obviously a great loss to them. I think the McCabe case should be discussed, but in the same respect - I understand where you are coming from, and there should be certainly more enthusiasm in tackling other injustices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

yeah...and After Hours is the place to tackle injustices!...like who framed Roger Rabbit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Jerry McCabe, one citizen- and the best thing that ever happened for the Sunday World :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

what are you on about McArmalite?
    Richie Barron was a victim of a hit and run , an unlawful death and his killers should be pursued quite rightly. But I can only guess that a hit and run is somewhat accidental. They should be chased and prosecuted but I don't hear whinging from any party as to why they should be let go.

However blasting a garda to death, doing a runner, intimating witnesses and somehow conning the state into accepting manslaughter instead of murder, have so called politicians lamenting that the killers are not freed early sickens me. I an angry how they could shoot a garda to death and claim it was manslaughter. They should have been hung.*

I could go on but this is AH not a debating society.

* I must point out that back in the late 90's I voted to retain the death penalty.

dlofnep wrote: »
    That's great.
    I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there is a certain hesitancy for tackling some murders, but not others. Like Aidan McAnespie, or Richie Barron as highlighted.

The point I'm making is that there shouldn't be. A murder is a murder, don't care who was involved in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Richie Barron was a victim of a hit and run , an unlawful death and his killers should be pursued quite rightly.

But it wasn't pursued, that's the argument. It was covered up.

dlofnep wrote: »
    But it wasn't pursued, that's the argument. It was covered up.

It was never solved =/= a cover up. Anyway the some of the people up there were operating a banana republic of their very own. Gardai included.

Firstly, I do have to question how fruitful and open a debate on Jerry McCabe with someone called McArmalite may be.

That aside, regardless of who was shot and who did the shooting I don't understand how anyone can condone shooting another man to death. Now I know that the whole "it was a war" issue will be raised as a defence but anyone with half a brain will have to concede that at the time McCabe was shot, the 'war' argument is thin to say the least.

Who was the killing carried out for - not me nor anyone I know. I'd rather see the 6 counties in British control than see even one person killed. You can try to justify it any way you like, you can accuse everyone of deliberately letting all other killers go free just to annoy the republican elements amongst us if that's what makes you feel better.

But know this, the 'war' is over people are living in peace and the vast majority of us are sick and tired of the same old bullsh1t. So have all the 'sympathisers' take a democratic stock of their mandate from the people and then go to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Maybe we should get The Citizen on the case OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ooh, I think the moderators are gonna busy in this thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A trolling thread if there ever was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mike65 wrote: »

maybe the Op should have posted this in the Politics forum.........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I know you from another forum here.

But for those who don't... Look at his username. Who love Armalite? I'm just saying.

This is a guy who enjoys turning every thread into an anti-british rant, even threads about dead soldiers.

Don't listen to a word he says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

McCabe is one citizen.

He deserves no more or no less justice than a victim like Aidan Mcanespie.

There is a disparity of actual justice because the killer(s) of Aidan Mcanespie was protected by a state whereas a state actively pursued (brought the justice) the killers of McCabe.

That said, while the injustice of Aidan Mcanespie's death must be fought, and fought hard, it should not be used to mitigate or excuse the actions of mcCabe's killers in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

maybe the Op should have posted this in the Politics forum.........

maybe the OP should have not posted this anywhwere, even the title is disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Who love Armalite?
    Isn't that the outdoor paint that protects against rust? Didn't think you would see such stuff coming up in the Gardening/DIY forums.

Isn't that the outdoor paint that protects against rust? Didn't think you would see such stuff coming up in the Gardening/DIY forums.

That's hammerite - you're thinking of that vegetable based hot drink - I hate it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

what are you on about McArmalite?
    Richie Barron was a victim of a hit and run , an unlawful death and his killers should be pursued quite rightly. But I can only guess that a hit and run is somewhat accidental. They should be chased and prosecuted but I don't hear whinging from any party as to why they should be let go.

However blasting a garda to death, doing a runner, intimating witnesses and somehow conning the state into accepting manslaughter instead of murder, have so called politicians lamenting that the killers are not freed early sickens me. I an angry how they could shoot a garda to death and claim it was manslaughter. They should have been hung.*

I could go on but this is AH not a debating society.

* I must point out that back in the late 90's I voted to retain the death penalty.

" Richie Barron was a victim of a hit and run , an unlawful death and his killers should be pursued quite rightly. But I can only guess that a hit and run is somewhat accidental. " It's not accidental if the driver is driving recklessly or under the influence of drink. In such scenarios it's not " somewhat accidental. " Would it not occur to you that the individual responcible had something to hide when they fled the scene ?

" They should be chased and prosecuted but I don't hear whinging from any party as to why they should be let go. " Yes, but the point of my post is their's been nothing but hypocrisy regarding the "whinging" over the McCabe death, while others, including the biggest mass murder in the histroy of the state in 1974 are hypocritically ignored. As I said, if Sinn Fein were invovled in Ritchie Barron's death ......

However smashing a man to death, doing a runner, intimating witnesses and somehow conning the state into accepting uniformed liars, have so called politicians lamenting that the killers are free sickens me. I an angry how they could smash a man walking home to death and get away with it. Do you think they should have been shot to death ;).

mike65 wrote: »
    No it's not trolling, I'm making a very relevant point. As I've said, even Fintan O'Toole commented in the Irish Times about how it's been flogged to death and smacks of hypocirsy. If you don't like the OP then argue against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

No thats Armourall!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Your comparisons don't stand up.

and

What the Jerry McCabe murder illustrated for the public at large was that the "Freedom Fighters" were and are enemies if this "little" state also. A bunch of illoyal, irregulated, uncontrolled thugs for whom republicanism is and was a flag of convenience and justifaication. They people would have perpetrated similar acts of violence had there never been a conflict in the North.

I know you from another forum here.

But for those who don't... Look at his username. Who love Armalite? I'm just saying.

This is a guy who enjoys turning every thread into an anti-british rant, even threads about dead soldiers.

Don't listen to a word he says.
    Doing your bit for queen and country as usual minidazzler.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This and similar threads are best kept to the politics forum. Or well, elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement