Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to pay for parking passes now?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I decided to check the website to see if you can apply for parking passes from your home computer, last year you couldn't. The form came up and I was just about to fill it out, when I read the top of it and it said 'we will contact you for credit card details'! I mean, wtf?? We didn't have to pay before! I checked the entire website of the people supplying the passes and it doesn't say how much they are. It's bad enough our fees have gone up, but paying an unknown amount for something that used to be free is completely unfair. And what if you don't have a credit card??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Haven't heard anything about this. I'll try and find out tomorrow.

The person I would ask is away till next week.

I took a look at the site and it looks to be like it's a NCPS typo (or maybe they look for CC card details if you are applying to replace a lost disc etc).

There doesn't seem to be a change to the regulations so for now if I were you I'd take it that there's still no charge.

Although, I imagine that at some point they will start charging. Most other colleges do. I wouldn't like if it happened but it would have the upside that it would encourage people who live close by to cycle / walk in. But that's another topic entirely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i am a new student at IADT so i havnt got a student ID yet which is needed on the website. Can i still apply for a parking permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

It's OK, I emailed the people who are in charge of them and they said it's still free, thank god!
    i am a new student at IADT so i havnt got a student ID yet which is needed on the website. Can i still apply for a parking permit?

The college usually gives you until the end of September to get your parking permit, you'll have your student card by then so you should be safe. They actually come to the college and hand them out, but I'm impatient :D

It always amazes me how many people don't bother to get their free pass and then get clamped, pay and still don't get their pass and get clamped again. Or don't bother with the pass and pay for the pay & display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Mullarkey

Car Parking is free for all IADT registered students, there are restrictions in some car parks. All students once registered may apply for a permit through the IADT website www.iadt.ie this will redirect you to the NCPS website. New students will be able to apply for a permit once they have registered as a student in September. NCPS will be on Campus during September to help students get their permits. Being clamped is an unpleasant and expensive experience for anyone, so it is important to read and follow the parking rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 heini

I checked their website and you dont have to pay http://www.ncps.ie/permits_ArtDesign.html

Also they will have someone in site in September

Advertisement