Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robberies in Portarlington

Options
  • 11-08-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Whats going on in Port at the moment!!!

Just heard that Centra on main st and the Weighbridge were robbed last night.

Super Valu & Centra (again) were done last week aswell.

Some fellas brakeing into cars at railway mews at 4am one morning last week too!!

Town is gone to the dogs imo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

oh no are you serious? i hate to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

jgally wrote: »
    Some fellas brakeing into cars at railway mews at 4am one morning last week too!!

Ah crap. You got anymore information about this? where abouts in the estate? I had heard nothing about any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's nothing new in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jgally

budhabob wrote: »
    Ah crap. You got anymore information about this? where abouts in the estate? I had heard nothing about any of this.

Not sure where exactly sorry. All I heard was that it was two youngish dublin lads trying to break into 2 seperate cars.

The owner of one is usually on the road at 4am and came out to see some lad breaking into his van and went over to confront the fella but got hit with a bar or something. The other dub that was trying to break into a different car then ran into the house and took the wifes handbag and whatever he could grab while she was asleep in bed and the just fled then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

right, fun times. Although as someone said, it does happen everywhere. Saying that, i'll still have the bat next to the bedroom door. :D although dunno who the feck would want to break into my banger.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,406 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

there is two dangerous fcukers doing the rounds of the town at the moment.... and, not being parocial but, they are from dublin. A neighbour of mine was mugged by them a few weeks ago......

they will be caught, and hopefully it will be by someone with a shotgun....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

there is two dangerous fcukers doing the rounds of the town at the moment.... . A neighbour of mine was mugged by them a few weeks ago....

Really? i cant believe that? muggings in town here???? it all seems so quiet. i swear i must go around half asleep! have the gards been informed?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Have to say I have noticed quite a bit lately that there seems to be alot more undesireable around lately! In saying that saw three different patrol cars in the town tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shnakey Nagan

Have heard that those involved were arrested during the week. Lets hope so anyway. It seems like a spate of robberies such as this takes place in the town every couple of years or so. Newbie here by the way!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Im a noob as well!

I think its time to grease up the maglite!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Very naive attitude about it here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

sydthebeat wrote: »
    there is two dangerous fcukers doing the rounds of the town at the moment.... and, not being parocial but, they are from dublin. A neighbour of mine was mugged by them a few weeks ago......

can you post a descripion of them - the town's so small, they can be made stand out like sore thumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Originally Posted by sydthebeat viewpost.gif

Cheeky git

Advertisement