Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bat flew into my room last night

Options
  • 11-08-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was awoken at about 4am by what I thought was a large moth, turned the light on and saw that it was a bat, MY PC was on which probably confused it. Kept going around in circles almost missing me on several occasions. When I switched off everything it eventually flew out the window as dawn approached.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

:D.
    Jesus my other half would've loved that, she gets hysterical with large moths.
    Pity you hadn't got your camera handy.

Great post Batman.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Why would your PC 'confuse' it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Alun wrote: »

maybe there was light coming from it? or maybe it was trying to play counter strike but the router was turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I was awoken at about 4am by what I thought was a large moth, turned the light on and saw that it was a bat, MY PC was on which probably confused it. Kept going around in circles almost missing me on several occasions. When I switched off everything it eventually flew out the window as dawn approached.

So, it hit you several times?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Tzetze wrote: »
    So, it hit you several times?
    :D

BTW for anyone in the Dublin / Wicklow area, there's a Bat Walk organised this Thursday at Glendalough. Starts with a talk at the Education Centre (just up the track along the lakeside from the Upper Lake car park) at 7.45pm and goes on to the Information Centre (small house at the other side of the valley where the bats roost in the roof space) at 8.30pm for the start of the walk. I'll be there with my bat detector :)

http://www.wicklowmountainsnationalpark.ie/index.html (see right hand side of page at the top under Forthcoming Events)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Alun wrote: »
    It probably saw the mouse and thought it was another bat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Run to da hills, you're full of it as usual!

Advertisement