Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Influence of Numbers

Options
  • 10-08-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Thought this might be fun and interesting to see what come up in the posts for those interested in numbers, not true mathematics as such.

To kick off I offer that numbers also influence the way we speak eg. " two's a company", Six of one half dozen of the other and so on" as well as
    unlucky thirteen and lucky seven.

How about this Snow White and the Seven dwarfs and Seven wonders of the World and finally twelve sign of the Zodiac. the list could go on and I need to know..

Now over to you...you will be amazed ans I am sure I will be with some of the most interesting facts and finds you come back with..give it a whirl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Panda Bear

Just to be pure and keep it withing the Maths forums I offer this mathematical tid bit
    Mathematicians found the number two is of foundamental importance this is because it pairs contrast for example black and white, good and evil, day and night, hot and cold, Seven appears twice as much as say six or even eight

Advertisement