Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in broad street

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi all im thinking of renting a place in broadleaf apartments on broad street,does anybody have any info on what this area is like as ive never even been in limerick but am moving down soon for college. also if i was to live close to ul how long would it take to travel to LIT taking traffic etc into consideration. any other advice about renting in limerick would also be appreciated,such as areas to avoid etc,need somewhere with parking.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

irishmatic wrote: »
    hi all im thinking of renting a place in broadleaf apartments on broad street,does anybody have any info on what this area is like as ive never even been in limerick but am moving down soon for college. also if i was to live close to ul how long would it take to travel to LIT taking traffic etc into consideration. any other advice about renting in limerick would also be appreciated,such as areas to avoid etc,need somewhere with parking.
    thanks.
    Imo I wouldnt live there, very dodgy around that area night time.

If you lived by UL , in traffic it would prob take 1 hr to get to LIT, I think a bus runs from UL out to LIT via Caherdavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

I think it's about 20 - 30 mins by bus from UL to LIT under optimal conditions. Generally the morning and evening services are fairly consistent. Afternoon services can be awful especially ona Friday (once took me 48 mins to get from UL to Caherdavin via bus ona Friday afternoon).

One handy thing about the bus is weekly, monthly and semester tickets (for students) are available from Bus Eireann. So if you see yourself using buses regularly they are worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishmatic

ya not really sure wat to do its just it seems a really good deal and id prefer to live in the city as der will be something to do,i have my own car tho would that make a diference to the length of time?
    thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Broad Leaf would be a bit dodge alright. Wouldn't fancy it myself. This place is dead handy for LIT. http://www.cratloewood.com/ If you have a car you are only five minutes away from the city centre. Not much happening in Limerick City most nights anyway except Saturday nights vomiting contests. Suburbs might be a bit dead but city centre is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

I wouldn't recommend Broad Street to live. Not a great area of town and appears pretty run down to me. If you have a car then you would be way better off living around UL. In Limerick, more people live in the subarbs than the city so the city would be quiet enough in the evenings. At least around UL there are over 10,000 students living around so you will meet way more people and find there is more to do.

• Advertisement

Broad Leaf would be a bit dodge alright. Wouldn't fancy it myself. This place is dead handy for LIT. http://www.cratloewood.com/ If you have a car you are only five minutes away from the city centre. Not much happening in Limerick City most nights anyway except Saturday nights vomiting contests. Suburbs might be a bit dead but city centre is too.

cheers,not gona go near student accomadation tho,im 24 think it'd drive me mad,im a mature student and ill be in receipt of rent allowance so theres only certain places i can live,cant cost too much etc...mite try out near LIT itself,caherdavin or north circular road maybe somewhere close,what ya reckon?

tommy249 wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend Broad Street to live. Not a great area of town and appears pretty run down to me. If you have a car then you would be way better off living around UL. In Limerick, more people live in the subarbs than the city so the city would be quiet enough in the evenings. At least around UL there are over 10,000 students living around so you will meet way more people and find there is more to do.

thanks,duno ill c,could be an hour to and from college everyday tho,be kinda hard tryin to study and cook for myself and keepin fit at the same time so i doubt it,u kno any good areas near LIT? not student accomodation tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Lots of people are getting mugged and assaulted down on Broad Street, I'd stay clear if I were you.

jmccoy wrote: »
    Lots of people are getting mugged and assaulted down on Broad Street, I'd stay clear if I were you.

jesus sounds lik a dive lol,thank fuk i posted the thread,ya defo not goin der now,any ideas wheres decent,near to LIT wit parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

irishmatic wrote: »
    ..mite try out near LIT itself,caherdavin or north circular road maybe somewhere close,what ya reckon?

Caherdavin, Greystones, Clareview, Woodview would all be great options for you. Good luck with it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Osk wrote: »
    Caherdavin, Greystones, Clareview, Woodview would all be great options for you. Good luck with it all.

Basically theyre the best options,would be silly to live out the UL side of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Osk wrote: »

Mayorstone, Greystones, Shelbourne, Lansdowne and Clareview would be the best, very quiet and within 2 minutes of the college.

cheers thanks for all the feedback,headin up thursday to view a few places :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement