Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC after 2 years after doing PLC

Options
  • 10-08-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

So yeah...here it goes. After I did a terrible PLC course that I dropped out of, 2 years later I am going back and this time I want to put in the study. I got 300 poinds 2 years ago with NO study and missing an exam...this year I want to get my head out of the clouds and secure at las 450 points.
    My question is that college, CAO and all the jargon to me is ever so daunting. :( I dont understand any of it very well at all. I am 18 years old so I dont think its a bad age to be doing LC again. Its just my parents want me to do medicine but I seriously doubt I will be able to secure the points for it, although I will try. I also want to do journalism but cant choose! :(

I need some tips into getting my head around this stuff...and how can I make sure the year goes well? Will I pack my Xbox360 away? Never use internet? minimize social life? Please help!!

Reida

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

300 with no study? You seem pretty bright to me, so none of that "I won't get the points" talk! :) If you wanna get Medicine, you'll probably have to repeat 5th and 6th year, which is not as bad as it sounds if you're only 18. You should be able to get journalism in the one year of LC.

The nice thing about repeating is that you can drop English/Irish/Maths if you feel like it. Also, you should be brave and just do six subjects that you really focus on. You don't need a spare subject as a safety blanket!

Always think of quality not quantity when you're studying. There's no point doing 5 hours a night if you just sit with a book in front of you, day-dreaming.

Fair play for going back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

fufureida wrote: »
    So yeah...here it goes. After I did a terrible PLC course that I dropped out of, 2 years later I am going back and this time I want to put in the study. I got 300 poinds 2 years ago with NO study and missing an exam...this year I want to get my head out of the clouds and secure at las 450 points.
    My question is that college, CAO and all the jargon to me is ever so daunting. :( I dont understand any of it very well at all. I am 18 years old so I dont think its a bad age to be doing LC again. Its just my parents want me to do medicine but I seriously doubt I will be able to secure the points for it, although I will try. I also want to do journalism but cant choose! :(

I need some tips into getting my head around this stuff...and how can I make sure the year goes well? Will I pack my Xbox360 away? Never use internet? minimize social life? Please help!!

Reida

O God.

Do what YOU want to do. If thats journalism, go back, do the LC, and apply for it. Get the idea of medicine out of your head it its not what you want to do....it would have to be one of the longest and toughest courses to do if you have no desire to study it.

I really, really cant understand some parents mentality about this :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

O God.

Do what YOU want to do. If thats journalism, go back, do the LC, and apply for it. Get the idea of medicine out of your head it its not what you want to do....it would have to be one of the longest and toughest courses to do if you have no desire to study it.

+1

I totally agree. Do what you want to do, not what your parents want you to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Why do your parents want you to do medicine? If you are stronger at Arts subjects than Sciences, then there's no point in pursuing medicine because you really would have to start from scratch, spend all your time on Biology at the expense of other subjects and chances are you would drop out of the course in college anyway.

The parentals have to have realistic expectations about this before you go back to school and so do you. Have that conversation asap, seriously.

You were obviously really young doing the LC first time, so 300 points is pretty darn good considering how young you were and how little you did.

At the same time, there is no point in repeating it unless you have a solid tangible goal to aim for and you're prepared to put your heart and soul into it for the year. (yes, that means no xbox during the week!!) You know you've drifted around long enough now; it is time for self-discipline and structure to make a new life for yourself. Focus!!

There were sixty in my degree course when I started, only 28 people made it to the end. I think there was about 10-12 ppl who dropped out by the end of first year because they realised that the course wasn't for them. I am giving this as an example, so you don't waste the year repeating the LC only to realise you're in a course you can't handle.

I'd also recommend you start looking at college websites and prospectuses to see what courses are out there, their points and curriculums.

Still, fair play to you for going back! :-) Hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

alot of the time parents know what is best for their children

i did my LC last year, my parents etc all said i should do medicine, i put down mechanical engineering, in cao, i got it and passed my first yr with flying colors

now im applying to med schools in the carrabien and poland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

O God.

This is the only peice of advice I got from our career guidence teacher

ITS YOUR LIFE NOT YOUR PARENTS DO WHAT YOU WANT TELL THEM TO F OFF;)

^ Sound teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

fair play to you for returning to the leaving cert as that can't be easy! don't pack away your toys, you'll need to take breaks and indulge from time to time to stay energised, focused, productive and above all to stay sane! i think the best thing you can do for yourself is choose your subjects wisely and reignite (or simply ignite) your passion for said subjects. you have to be interested and you have to be keen, well not all the time but it's best to start off that way! good luck! ;)

p.s don't go for medicine for the money, status etc... you mightn't survive the course if you don't really want it. it's a tough career and i imagine one would be very unhappy if they didn't enjoy their work as a doctor not to mention their poor patients! but if you want it for legitimate reasons then go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

300 points versus what 580..590 points..that's a lot to make up..perhaps tell your parents you're not brainy enough.

ateam wrote: »
    300 points versus what 580..590 points..that's a lot to make up..perhaps tell your parents you're not brainy enough.
    There is absolutely no reason that he/she couldn't get medicine.

We're talking Leaving Cert here. It's incredible dedication and a reasonable amount of brains that they're looking for.

Like A Fox wrote: »
    There is absolutely no reason that he/she couldn't get medicine.

We're talking Leaving Cert here. It's incredible dedication and a reasonable amount of brains that they're looking for.

Still the same..jumping from 300 points to what is it 580-600 points..impossible.

Journalism maybe. Who knows though after changing their mind so many times.

• Advertisement

".... impossible" and you can say this about someone you don't know and have never met. the op mentioned she missed an exam 1st time round which suggests s/he might have been sick or something. it's the leaving cert, it rewards people who work their butts off. i think 300 from someone who didn't work and was young is very good. i know a girl who brought her pre's from 300 to 600, and that was in the space of 4 months, so it is possible in 9! furthermore, 550-570 will do in most cases.

i think some people use their annonymity to other people detriment on this board. maybe they had a bad day or a bad childhood... whatever, don't listen to the negativity!

Still the same..jumping from 300 points to what is it 580-600 points..impossible.

Journalism maybe. Who knows though after changing their mind so many times.
    Still not impossible. People in Medicine are not particularly intelligent, they are just very dedicated. Anyway, the new aptitude test will change the whole system for getting into med completely.

personal hopes and ambitions, money, work prospects and social status
    they knew i wanted these things, as dr. cox said, everyone goes to med school for 4 things, chicks, money, power and chicks :P

on a serious note.

yeah i used to be interested in mechanical engineering, but i just got really bored (was too easy for me or something, half the class droped out, i did pretty good, which was probably a turn off point for me) and seeing as the engineering jobs go down south every recession, and we still need doctors to save the bankers trying to commit suicide, i decided im gona try and do medicine, if i dont get into like carabien or some place i'll just do it in like rcsi or ucc as a graduate.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

O God.

I really, really cant understand some parents mentality about this

@Anne Marie:Yes, I do know what you are saying when you say this. But the fact is that I did do what I wanted to do and it didnt work out. I hated the PLC art course with a passion, my teacher's hated me and none of them likes my stuff. It was very frustrating for me and my parents told me not to do it that I wont like it. I didn't listen and I did it. I'm not going to get the idea of medicine out of my head because I think being a doctor is a far more respected profession that being an Artist... Sure medicine is hard but in the end of the day I will be doing something noble. If you can't understand this kind of mentality, than I think your parents are strange. They simply care about me and want me to do whats right, and I tottaly understand that now. I want to have a career that supports my hobbies, and being a doctor is very well payed. As for journalism, yeah I love the idea but I am stil contemplating. I dont really know still what I want to do, but I mean how can I found out until I try things?

At the same time, there is no point in repeating it unless you have a solid tangible goal to aim for and you're prepared to put your heart and soul into it for the year. (yes, that means no xbox during the week!!) You know you've drifted around long enough now; it is time for self-discipline and structure to make a new life for yourself. Focus!!

@LimeFruitGum: Christ, you sound like my mother. But you are absolutely right. I need to have a strong and set mind when I go into the leaving cert again... I can't be thinking about what to do at the end of the year. All I know is that I wanna do damn good this year the way I know I can. And yes, Xbox will be packed away...I wasted so much time going pro in games. As fun as it was travelling and competeing...I think a realistic career is far more important!!!

As for my parents, Lime, I'm afraid the answer I gave to Anne Marie applies to you too. I won't know what I want to do until I try it. Medicine could be quite good and I was a whiz and science my teacher loved me.

As for everyone else, guys, I got incredibly lazy and far too into boys during my LC year. I was dating constantly and missed exams for my LC. I regret it so much now but thankfully I have a supportive boyfriend who understands where I am coming from and has agreed to limit our meetings. I got 300 points when I didn't even do one of the Maths papers and as a result I failed it...I also did all higher. Guys, I did NO STUDY at all and I think I did ok...Imagine if I put in alittle more effort? I woulda done amazingly.
    Why did your parents say you should do medicine? Because they knew your personal hopes and ambitions, or because of money, work prospects and social status?

It couldnt have been the first, as you mustn't have wanted to do medicine a year ago when you applied for engineering. Why the change in heart? Your own decision or your parents influence over YOUR career?

Umm...not to be rude but I find this post a little silly. My parents obviously know me. They know when I'm sad, they know when I'm happy. They raised me from a little baby to an adult, they saw me cry saw me laugh. They nutured me all my life. Ofcourse they know deep down what kind of person I am and what I want, especially my mother! As for change of heart, everyone has it. My mother majored in Interior Design in art and instead of pursuing a job she did a BAC in Chemistry and Maths! She was happy finally!
    Social status is very important especially if you are Asian, like myself. My family.

I think Im bright enough to do well! i just have to apply myself but I dont know where to start? Should I start from 5th year and go to 6th year???

If you want over 500ish then you're gonna need two years. No doubt.

If you want over 500ish then you're gonna need two years. No doubt.

that's not true in every case, at least in the case of some people i know.

maybe you'll ease the pressure by going into 5th year though, you're still young OP!

@Anne Marie:Yes, I do know what you are saying when you say this. But the fact is that I did do what I wanted to do and it didnt work out. I hated the PLC art course with a passion, my teacher's hated me and none of them likes my stuff. It was very frustrating for me and my parents told me not to do it that I wont like it. I didn't listen and I did it. I'm not going to get the idea of medicine out of my head because I think being a doctor is a far more respected profession that being an Artist... Sure medicine is hard but in the end of the day I will be doing something noble. If you can't understand this kind of mentality, than I think your parents are strange. They simply care about me and want me to do whats right, and I tottaly understand that now. I want to have a career that supports my hobbies, and being a doctor is very well payed. As for journalism, yeah I love the idea but I am stil contemplating. I dont really know still what I want to do, but I mean how can I found out until I try things?

@LimeFruitGum: Christ, you sound like my mother. But you are absolutely right. I need to have a strong and set mind when I go into the leaving cert again... I can't be thinking about what to do at the end of the year. All I know is that I wanna do damn good this year the way I know I can. And yes, Xbox will be packed away...I wasted so much time going pro in games. As fun as it was travelling and competeing...I think a realistic career is far more important!!!

As for my parents, Lime, I'm afraid the answer I gave to Anne Marie applies to you too. I won't know what I want to do until I try it. Medicine could be quite good and I was a whiz and science my teacher loved me.

As for everyone else, guys, I got incredibly lazy and far too into boys during my LC year. I was dating constantly and missed exams for my LC. I regret it so much now but thankfully I have a supportive boyfriend who understands where I am coming from and has agreed to limit our meetings. I got 300 points when I didn't even do one of the Maths papers and as a result I failed it...I also did all higher. Guys, I did NO STUDY at all and I think I did ok...Imagine if I put in alittle more effort? I woulda done amazingly.

Umm...not to be rude but I find this post a little silly. My parents obviously know me. They know when I'm sad, they know when I'm happy. They raised me from a little baby to an adult, they saw me cry saw me laugh. They nutured me all my life. Ofcourse they know deep down what kind of person I am and what I want, especially my mother! As for change of heart, everyone has it. My mother majored in Interior Design in art and instead of pursuing a job she did a BAC in Chemistry and Maths! She was happy finally!
    Social status is very important especially if you are Asian, like myself. My family.

I think Im bright enough to do well! i just have to apply myself but I dont know where to start? Should I start from 5th year and go to 6th year???

Why does social status matter all of a sudden?

You only take into account 6 subjects when tallying your result, so failing maths was irrelevant, perhaps you're being a bit over-ambitious.

Why does social status matter all of a sudden?

You only take into account 6 subjects when tallying your result, so failing maths was irrelevant, perhaps you're being a bit over-ambitious.

It is important, are you saying a janitor has the same social status job wise as a doctor? I think now.

You need maths for almost every good course as far as I know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

could do journo in gcd and tranfer to free coll after 1st year, cost the same as repeating and youd be a year up...

that's not true in every case, at least in the case of some people i know.

maybe you'll ease the pressure by going into 5th year though, you're still young OP!
    Goodness I do not even know where to start with you... Deep breath:

1. I think this girl should aim as high as she likes. See my other posts.
    2. She doesn't think she'll get 600 in a year. See her other posts.
    3. She's been out of really structured "learn off by heart" education for a while so it'll take a while to get used to that.
    4. I did two ****-hot leaving certs so I know what it entails to get high points.
    5. She's asking for honest opinions and I'm giving her mine.
    6. Fluffy idealistic fridge-magnet phrases are a little sad in MY opinion. If this girl falls, she won't land on clouds, she'll land on a year of expensive schooling down the drain and back to square one again.

OP: Hope you see that I'm being realistic, not calling you thick. I think my first post calling you smart proves my point!

HolaDivaWhatever: Don't be over-sensitive.

• Advertisement

Goodness I do not even know where to start with you... Deep breath:

1. I think this girl should aim as high as she likes. See my other posts.
    2. She doesn't think she'll get 600 in a year. See her other posts.
    3. She's been out of really structured "learn off by heart" education for a while so it'll take a while to get used to that.
    4. I did two ****-hot leaving certs so I know what it entails to get high points.
    5. She's asking for honest opinions and I'm giving her mine.
    6. Fluffy idealistic fridge-magnet phrases are a little sad in MY opinion. If this girl falls, she won't land on clouds, she'll land on a year of expensive schooling down the drain and back to square one again.

OP: Hope you see that I'm being realistic, not calling you thick. I think my first post calling you smart proves my point!

HolaDivaWhatever: Don't be over-sensitive.

dude i edited my post and it says my reasons for doing so underneath!

i totally miscontrued what you said and that was because i thought u were that other poster who was saying things like "tell your parents you're not clever".. blah flippin blah. i don't know why i thought you were, maybe i was expecting it or something?? and i'm tired and stressed over waiting for my results.

anyway, the fact that i retracted everything i said and explained why should be enough for you but in case it isn't i'll apologise aswel: sorry! genuinely.

personally i missed 6 months of 5th year as i was in hospital and i was doing fine in 6th year and i know people who just worked hard in 6th year and did very well out of it. that being said you have a very good point. i did find the past year very tough indeed. i wish i had a full 5th year under my belt but maybe things will work out for me anyway. i for one couldn't afford to take an extra year in school and incase the OP can't, well it is possible to complete the course in a year, but you have to work like craaaaaaaazy and even then you never know!

Didn't see your edit til I posted my reply. Good luck tomorrow!

thanks! ;)

It is important, are you saying a janitor has the same social status job wise as a doctor? I think now.

You need maths for almost every good course as far as I know.

For her to get 300 points was what I meant. To jump from 300 to 600 is verry difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

@Anne Marie:Yes, I do know what you are saying when you say this. But the fact is that I did do what I wanted to do and it didnt work out. I hated the PLC art course with a passion, my teacher's hated me and none of them likes my stuff. It was very frustrating for me and my parents told me not to do it that I wont like it. I didn't listen and I did it.

Ok, fair enough that you tried the PLC course and didnt like it....you're right to go back and try again for CAO. But just cos your parents were right about you not liking it, does that mean they're right to assume you'll like medicine? Personally i think its a course/career that you'd have to have an interest in yourself before you go for it, not one that someone can suggest to you and you can say "O, maybe, sure ill give it a go" :rolleyes:

As for all these:
    I'm not going to get the idea of medicine out of my head because I think being a doctor is a far more respected profession that being an Artist... Sure medicine is hard but in the end of the day I will be doing something noble.
    I won't know what I want to do until I try it. Medicine could be quite good and I was a whiz and science my teacher loved me.
    I want to have a career that supports my hobbies, and being a doctor is very well payed.

Im sorry if you dont like my opinion, but i think if you go into medicine its for all the wrong reasons.
    If you can't understand this kind of mentality, than I think your parents are strange. They simply care about me and want me to do whats right, and I tottaly understand that now.

What i cant understand is parents pushing their children into the career that they want them to do, because of the pay etc. I'm not talking about your parents in particular, im just saying its something i cant understand. My parents opinion of being happy for me whatever i decide to do is hardly strange....they want me to do whatever I want, simple as.
    As for journalism, yeah I love the idea but I am stil contemplating. I dont really know still what I want to do, but I mean how can I found out until I try things?

If you would prefer to do journalism over medicine, not taking your parents into account, i think you should.
    Umm...not to be rude but I find this post a little silly.

That post was directed towards imported_guy, not you.

So? If you're happier being a janitor then being a doctor, why not? You'd have a less enjoyable career for the sake of social status?

i agree with fufuredia, probably cuz im asian aswell

i hate when people talk about "enjoyable career"

remember, WORK IS NEVER FUN.

trust me if i got paid a million euro a year, without working, id be pretty darn happy.

as far as social status goes, it should be one of the top things you should consider before making a career choice.

are you actully gaulliable enough to think most doctors enjoy being doctors?, well short answer no, they do it for the money/status/perks (new laptop, pda, camera every year + free 5 star hotels)

my dad is a doctor, and i go to his hospital some times and on more than one occasion i have seen doctors just not giving a crap about someone whos about to die.

for example

doctors have 2 pagers (one for cardiac arrest and one for regular on-call) in my dad's hospital, one of the doctors who was there was on call, and had the cardiac arrest pager, got paged because someone just went into cardiac arrest, he just didnt answer (usually if you answer a cardiac arrest call, your the one whos going to have to do the paper work if he dies, which is pretty likely), and no one else seemed to care (he probably thought some one else whos inside the hospital would go in and help the poor fella), 10 minutes later he rings up and tells them, he was busy in another call and couldnt take the cardiac arrest call (actully he was watching TV with us) and he got told the guy didnt make it. but he just didnt care he just told her "oh too bad". i mean wtf?

its true you shouldnt do medicine for the wrong reasons (chicks, money, power and chicks) lol, but its just in today's society the wrong reasons just sound alot better than the right reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

are you actully gaulliable enough to think most doctors enjoy being doctors?, well short answer no, they do it for the money/status/perks (new laptop, pda, camera every year + free 5 star hotels)

Then they're in it for entirely the wrong reasons.

If you think that no-one enjoys their job...you're absolutely barking, to be perfectly honest.

Ok, fair enough that you tried the PLC course and didnt like it....you're right to go back and try again for CAO. But just cos your parents were right about you not liking it, does that mean they're right to assume you'll like medicine? Personally i think its a course/career that you'd have to have an interest in yourself before you go for it, not one that someone can suggest to you and you can say "O, maybe, sure ill give it a go"

Maybe they aren't right about medicine, maybe they are. They were definately right about almost every other decision I made in my life, be that friends or personal problems. My mother for one has never been wrong about anything like that. Sure, its possible that she could be wrong about this, but I mean, if they are willing to let me try the medicine course out and see if I life it then so what? I'm glad that I have parents who will let me try out different things...My mother can really relate to me because she was an artist herself at a young age so she knows what I am going through too.
    That post was directed towards imported_guy, not you.

I know, but it was still very silly in my eyes.

I agree with imported_guys on some of the things he says. Although, if I ever do become a doctor, I want to like what I am doing to a certain degree. Sure, their will be times when I will hate it but it will be well worth it in the end! Sure, I am not perfect no human is. If I was a doctor I would love the social status, but deep down I have always wanted to help ppl.

I'm asian, and I am not going to generalise but I find some Irish people quite racist. Simply put, Irish ppl do not give asians well respectable jobs even if they are well qualified from what I have seen. And yes, this is what happens the majority of the time as I have first hand experience of this and my relatives living here have experienced the same thing. I don't dislike Irish ppl because I have so many Irish friends and what not, in fact, I love Ireland. This country gave me the comfort and warmth I was denied back home, but it definately isn't perfect when it comes to racial issues. No country is. For this reason, irelands hospitals are almost always full of Africans, Pakistanis, Indians and Chinese. Their is reason for this and that is simply because the Irish goverment only gives us jobs in places they are stuck in. And we all know how bad the health care is in Ireland.
    doctors have 2 pagers (one for cardiac arrest and one for regular on-call) in my dad's hospital, one of the doctors who was there was on call, and had the cardiac arrest pager, got paged because someone just went into cardiac arrest, he just didnt answer (usually if you answer a cardiac arrest call, your the one whos going to have to do the paper work if he dies, which is pretty likely), and no one else seemed to care (he probably thought some one else whos inside the hospital would go in and help the poor fella), 10 minutes later he rings up and tells them, he was busy in another call and couldnt take the cardiac arrest call (actully he was watching TV with us) and he got told the guy didnt make it. but he just didnt care he just told her "oh too bad". i mean wtf?

Omg...that is just ****ed up. Sorry but I simply despise doctors and cunsultants with that kind of attitude. I really hate ppl like that.

As for getting 500 in one year, I really think I can. I just have to work really really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Hehehe :-) Well, you listen to Aunty Limey! :-)

For what its worth, I got 505 points when I did the LC centuries ago, but I did five hours study every night, took Saturdays off (except the odd read of a history book) and did six hours on a Sunday for two years.I had no telly, computer or phone in my room. That's what it took for me to get those points.

You know, maybe you don't have to choose between medicine and writing. DCU offer a Science Journalism Masters and a scientific background would help loads. I do think if you still want medicine, you have to do 5th & 6th.
    Alternatively instead of doing 5th yr, what if you just applied for a Science degree and then transfer to medicine as soon as you can. I'm not sure if that is possible but at least you'd get into college faster.

Or you could investigate English medicine courses, aren't the points for those lower? Plenty of people have done that, in case they didn't get the points here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

i hate when people talk about "enjoyable career"

remember, WORK IS NEVER FUN.
    It's not always fun, certainly, and anyone who expects it to be will be sorely disappointed, but why shouldn't it be satisfying at least ... in itself, and not just for the salary or the status?
    as far as social status goes, it should be one of the top things you should consider before making a career choice.
    Why?

Social status does not equal happiness.
    are you actully gaulliable enough to think most doctors enjoy being doctors?
    As in enjoy it all the time? ... heavens, no! Nobody enjoys their job all the time, as you point out ... but those who have stayed at it tend to get a real sense of satisfaction from it, even on the lousy days.
    well short answer no, they do it for the money/status/perks (new laptop, pda, camera every year + free 5 star hotels)
    If that's what you want, and you're hoping to do medicine yourself, please do both yourself and the world a favour and specialise in something like plastic surgery, and spend your life giving women false boobs, or in something which doesn't bring you face to face with the anguish of life and death day to day.
    for example

I'm glad to see from your last sentence that you don't find this acceptable.

Personally, I would have reported that doctor.

Does that seem harsh?

Ok, think of it this way ... it could have been your father / mother / brother / sister / partner who went into cardiac arrest and died without getting the best care available.

Does it seem harsh now?
    I'm asian, and I am not going to generalise but I find some Irish people quite racist. Simply put, Irish ppl do not give asians well respectable jobs even if they are well qualified from what I have seen. And yes, this is what happens the majority of the time as I have first hand experience of this and my relatives living here have experienced the same thing. I don't dislike Irish ppl because I have so many Irish friends and what not, in fact, I love Ireland. This country gave me the comfort and warmth I was denied back home, but it definately isn't perfect when it comes to racial issues. No country is.
    Exactly, no country is.

Yes, there is racism in Ireland, it is with shame I say it. By no means everyone is racist, far from it, but it does exist.
    As for getting 500 in one year, I really think I can. I just have to work really really hard.
    Best of luck, almost anything can be achieved if you are determined enough.

Advertisement