Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Foster Motors - Service for €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Have had a service with them in the past and they did a very good job. Lent me a brand new Jetta for the afternoon, done with a minimum of fuss.

It was expensive compared to going north to Audi in Belfast so I didn't go back but if they are doing a deal then go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd be interested to see what's actually included in this €99 service. I'd say it's purely an oil change and a swift look about the car to determine some upsell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If that's all it is it's not good value as 4 litres of oil will only cost them 20 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see what's actually included in this €99 service. I'd say it's purely an oil change and a swift look about the car to determine some upsell.

+1

Probably just a basic oil and filter change at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

TBH you'd probably be charged just as much by an indy mechanic. Seems like a good deal.

There's been a lot of bitching lately about stealers who charge €120 per hour (and rightfully so), but when you get dealers who actually try and give sharp pricing, they still get suspicion...
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I'd say it's purely an oil change and a swift look about the car to determine some upsell.

You may be overthinking it. I'd say it's more likely just to keep the mechanics busy and the ramps full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

-Chris- wrote: »

You may be overthinking it. I'd say it's more likely just to keep the mechanics busy and the ramps full.

I doubt it. €99 may fill the workshop and keep the technicians busy but it won't make any serious profit for the service dept. Upsell is the name of the game here. It does keep the mechanics busy which may stave off a few redundancies and that can only be a good thing.

That said, if anyone want's a quick lube service then it represents excellent value. I did an service on the wife's 2000 Bora a few weeks back - air filter, oil filter, oil (not long life), front brake pads, wipers and it cost short of €150 in parts alone from a main dealer.

Advertisement