Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch Surf School

Options
  • 10-08-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hello - i've recently started to learn how to surf and will be heading down to clare over the next few weekends?
    are these guys any good?
    i've read that lahinch gets pretty busy, any other locations with proper surf schools?
    kilkee or kilrush maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Lahinch beach is fairly massive and would be the best for surfing as ASAIK. I don't think kilkee is suitable for surfing and kilrush doesn't come in ti the equation

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Lahinch beach is fairly massive and would be the best for surfing as ASAIK. I don't think kilkee is suitable for surfing and kilrush doesn't come in ti the equation

Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Used them when I started and had a great laugh, I'd definitely recommend them anyway.
    I'm still seriously crap mind you, but that's down to lack of practice more than anything:P

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

http://www.surfschool.tv

Based in Fanore, would also be worth a look. Pete is the man there and I think they are cheaper than lahinch.

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

lahinch surf school provide a very professional experience and couldnt recommend them enough. However lahinch itself isnt the best beginner wave in the country with rocks and reefs and not being able to surf on the high tide. Also the wave is a lot more full on. Maybe Tramore would be better, a much easy learner wave, very mellow waves and theres a lot of competition there with 4 very professional surf schools now so you should get a very good price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement