Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adsense open in new window

Options
  • 10-08-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Is it possible to have adsense ads to open in a new window when a user clicks on the ad rather than taking the user away from the site?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

edit the html code! (google might not allow it though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It's against Google policy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

I notice google ads on jobs.ie, irishjobs.ie and daft.ie all open in a window. any idea why it's cool for them to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

yellow wrote: »
    I notice google ads on jobs.ie, irishjobs.ie and daft.ie all open in a window. any idea why it's cool for them to do it?

I've never seen them say specifically that ads opening in new windows is against their policy.

However, the code the give you must be copied and pasted exactly into your html file. Modifying this code is against their policy.

You would have to edit this code to have the ads open in a new window.

Advertisement