Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Mature Rabbit

Options
  • 10-08-2009 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I need an older rabbit to be a companion for mine!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Keep an eye on the rehoming thread in the Animal Welfare subforum and check out your local shelters / SPCA places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Try Limerick animal welfare as well, not sure what their bunny situation is atm but check out their website. Bound to be an older bun looking for a home soon. At this time of year Easter presents have grown up and kids get bored with them sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Hi Jinxi, a little more information would help alot with matching your rabbit with another, male or female? spayed/neuteured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Male unneutered. But if i need to get him neutered thats not a problem. he is really sweet, never been aggressive and loves company of my feet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Yes I would get him neuteured, the chance of him getting on with another male are very slim while he is not fixed and obviously he won't be able to live with an unspayed female. The best pairing is a male and female, both fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jessicaR

As animalcrazy said, a spayed neutered pair would be the safest bet. It is probably a good idea to get him neutered now and then wait for about 6-8 weeks until he is safe with a female. Even with a spayed female I would wait till the hormones have worked their way out of the system and he won't drive the new girl crazy trying to mount her.

Advertisement