Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake disc & pads replacement....how much

Options
  • 10-08-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been quoted €280 for front brake disc & pad replacement. This include labour. Is this a good price? I have no clue when it comes to prices for servicing cars. Car is a Ford Mondeo.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Doesn't sound too far off to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds about right. You could do it yourself for about half but it's up to you if you think it's worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

Disks are probably 100-140 on their own, pads are 30-40 and it would take a good hour to do. Not the worst price alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

agree, an hour sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

what year and is yours petrol or diesel ,if its petrol we do the discs and pads all in incl vat for 200 euro while you wait if its after 07 its a small bit dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Just did front and rear discs and pads on my 05 diesel Vectra. Materials were 192 and then 120 with the local indy to fit them.

Got the parts from irishautoparts.ie highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭SEORG

ford jedi wrote: »
    what year and is yours petrol or diesel ,if its petrol we do the discs and pads all in incl vat for 200 euro while you wait if its after 07 its a small bit dearer.

Its 07 Petrol. Got it sorted thanks.

Advertisement