Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal

Options
  • 10-08-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

If I set up paypal on my site to recieve payments, does it accept laser?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ronan_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

no, but it accepts mestro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Sagepay, Realex, and WorldNet accept laser. These all require monthly payments tho. Sagepay and Realex charge €29 and €25 per month respecitvely.

All the info you need is here http://webpayments.ie/ an information website set up by a boardsie (who's name escapes me). Interesting reading tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

All of the Irish Payment Service Providers will allow you to accept Laser but in order to use their services you will need an Internet Merchant Account (IMA) with an acquiring bank. The IMA will have a setup free of approximately 200euro and a monthly minimum fee of approximately 30euro. These are just guideline prices if you call the merchant services division of your acquiring bank they will provide you with their pricing. You will also have to pay a monthly fee to Realex, WorldNet, SagePay or whatever payment service provider you choose.

If you do not have an Internet Merchant Account then you can use the services of a Payments Bureau such as paypal, nochex or worldpay. RBS WorldPay are the only payment bureau that will allow you to accept laser. WorldPay have a setup fee of €145, a monthly fee of €20 and 3.95% of the transaction costs. It is worth noting that their settlement period is also longer meaning you will not have access to your funds immediately.

Dave

• Advertisement
Advertisement