Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OneSevenFour DnB - ICICLE/ROCKWELL/FRAHER - 28th AUG' - THE TWISTED PEPPER

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

5896_1195290047460_1384720871_30543195_3240774_n.jpg

Dutch native ICICLE & newcomer ROCKWELL touch down with their signature
    beats at OneSevenFour this Aug' 28th, both at the forefront of the DnB scene, Icicle was born Jeroen Snik in Holland. Aged 15 he became hooked on drum and bass after going to local night "Jungle Galaxy". Getting some turntables and better music making software followed and Icicle was on his way.

Taking inspiration from the dirty basslines of heroes Jonny L and Optical and the intricate drum patterns of Photek and Source Direct, Icicle's cold, tech funk sounds have quickly earned him DJ support from Goldie, LTJ Bukem, Fabio, London Elektricity, Pendulum, Andy C, Friction, D-Bridge, Flight, Noisia and Commix amongst countless others.

In the space of two short years he has built-up an enviable catalogue of releases on prestige labels including Ram Records, Shogun Audio, Critical Recordings, Renegade Hardware and Subtitles and become a mainstay on the UK DJ circuit, regularly playing venues including Fabric and The End whilst maintaining a hectic touring schedule stretching from Europe to Japan. 2009 sees Icicle relocating to London whilst busily working on his debut album for DJ Friction’s Shogun Audio, the label with whom he recently signed exclusively. Tours of Australia and New Zealand are already on the cards alongside extensive album support alongside the rest of the Shogun family.

heres a prime example of the rockwell sound:

http://www.dogsonaci...69&mode=article

ROCKWELL & MC System - DOA mix

01) ROCKWELL - MOLLOCH
    02) SABRE - ASH
    03) INSTRA:MENTAL - NO FUTURE
    04) ROCKWELL - UNDERPASS
    05) DATA - THE SPRAWL
    06) ALIX PEREZ - IM FREE
    07) OPTICAL + RYMETYME - WE ENTER
    08) SPECTRASOUL - MIMIC
    09) ALIX PEREZ + SURVIVAL - UNTITLED
    10) DATA - KYUSHOJUTSU
    11) JUNE MILLER - SHIMIZU
    12) ROCKWELL - TRIBES
    13) SPECTRASOUL - ORGANISER (RAMADANMAN REMIX)
    14) ROCKWELL - STOWAWAY
    15) ASC - ALCHEMIST
    16) LOXY + RESOUND - OBLIVION
    17) GREMLINZ + GOLD STAR - SEAN ROMAN
    18) ROCKWELL - NOIR
    19) JUNE MILLER - POISON THE WELL
    20) CONSEQUENCE TIMELOSS

ICICLE (Shogun Audio)
    ROCKWELL (Critical)
    FRAHER (174/Alloy1090)

28th AUG' 09'
    THE TWISTED PEPPER
    54 ABBEY ST. D1
    DOORS 11:00

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

I've been to a few 174 nights this year and the tunes have always been FANTASTIC. Expect for Aaron Jay....but he said himself he played a sh*te set ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 OneSevenFour

Cheers for the kind words, we are trying to push our own thing this year,

to be honest I was disappointed with a few of our gigs over the summer, we've had Loxy & Fierce, easily two of the best natural dj's ive ever had the pleasure of meeting and hearing play live, but, they didnt really get the reception I think they deserve, there was a cool crowd there but as always I thought there could have been more, the summers just hard with everyone away, unless you book big name 90's household names...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Now this looks like my cup of chunky beats right here! Looking forward to it!

Rockwell looks to be 2009's wonder kid, the stuff he has forthcoming like 'Noir' Reverse Engineering' 'Tribes' etc. are going to really bring him through to the top of the pile in terms of emerging artists, check the mix above :)

also heres an old mix from Icicle (id estimate its around 2 years old)

www.reprisemusicgroup.com/agency/audio/Icicle_DoubleDutch_mix.mp3

we have Jubei (Metalheadz/Coded) coming through on Sept' 25th

Fierce was good alright. was Loxy the guy who played in april the same night as gaslampkiller ? Because if it was, i missed it entirely.

Was up at the stage rocking out ! shame really, i prefer nights when there's just one headliner.

• Advertisement

Yeah Loxy was in the basement that night, I only caught a few minutes of GLK but what I did see was heavy, he was tearing it down, I think that was a Choice Cuts gig and we were in the basement, good contrast of sounds on the night,

you can grab the Loxy mix from that night here, proper dj!

http://www.irishdrumandbass.com/2009/05/podcast-0910/

I scrapped my recording because I had a few needle issues... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

yeah, that was a great night. and there was some wierd crusty eastern european type trance party thing going on upstairs. It was like stepping into some really wierd time warp

whiterob81 wrote: »
    yeah, that was a great night. and there was some wierd crusty eastern european type trance party thing going on upstairs. It was like stepping into some really wierd time warp

I'm not the biggest fan of trance at all, but you;'re really selling it there ! :D

definitely no trance involved next Friday! ;)

THIS FRIDAY !

looks like this has been moved to the mezz, which should be good, some nice intimate DRUMNBASS for your FACE !!!!!!!!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

It was intimate, sweaty and savage savage beats !

174 = WIN !

Advertisement