Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Modem no DHCP

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,
    The UPC modem appears to be busted, everything was fine until yesterday and then it started dropping connection, after a couple of reboots and nothing i noticed that at start up the modem was giving out a 192.168.100.10 ip and after about 5-6 seconds the laptop would lose that and try for another.

Anyway - I rand the customer support and the chap on the phone got me to set a statis of 192.168.1.2, needless to say it didn't work, when I informed him about the 192.168.100.10 he agreed that the box must be broke as the only ip range they use is 192.168.1.X - anybody else come across anything similar in the past?

New box on the way this week anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Well my scientific atlantic modem hands out ip's in the range of 192.168.100.x aswell, so I doubt thats the issue. If you set a static address of 192.168.100.10 and then go to 192.168.100.1, what information does the modem give about the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

I'm away from it at the minute but when i logged into it last night all the pages were locked down - message similar to "not enabled by your service provider"

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

All working fine again last night - very strange.

Advertisement