Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle ( co Dublin ) to Killarney

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

I have driven this route 100's of times , I always go via Limerick

Now the new Cork motorway is virtually finished I ran it through the AA route planner , to go via the Cork rd ( via Mallow ) is coming out at 20 mins faster and 3 km shorter.

I would be interested in people opinions on this , I am thinking of trying the Mallow route this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Would always go to Killarney for the Rally of the Lakes on the May bank holiday weekend.

Down N8 via Mallow but always came back through Limerick and there wasn't that much in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I recently had a thread on similar, only I head to North kerry

I was making around the same time but obvioulsy am cruising along on motorway a lot more, less towns, less traffic

I would reckon heading to killarney you would definetely gain some time going M8 given the amount of motorway

you would avoid adare, newcastle, abbeyfeale, castleisland, all potential traffic spots

Advertisement