Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darina Calpin

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Darina was the person who passed away after contracting Swine flu this weekend. I just saw on the Sunday Independent that she was a Leaving Cert student from Sligo who "was looking forward to getting her Leaving Cert results next Wednesday".

I just think we should spare a thought for her, her family and her school. Sadly, it will be one unopened envelope at that school/household.

As much as we fret and worry about our own results, at least we will get closure on our Leaving Cert year (touch wood).

Puts the whole Leaving Certificate into persepective.

RIP, Darina, I'm sure you will be missed by those who were close to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Certainly count our blessings. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Very sad news.

RIP

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Unfortunately, there seems to be one or two who never see their results most years.

I agree, it puts things in perspective.

To Darina's family and anyone else in the same situation, our sincere sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

as much as we are scared to get our results, atleast we get them.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Although the leaving Cert is important, we should not worry about it too much. If you don't get your points it's not the end of the world. We should remember that there are more important things in life like your family and friends.

May she Rest In Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Very sad news.

Rest In Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

That's tragic.

Ar Dheis De go raibh a hanam dilis, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Yes I only heard of this today.
    Very upsetting and as many others have said it puts in persceptive.
    Her Cystic Fibrosis must have also made the whole course more difficult on her and for her to have completed it before she knew how she fared is upsetting to say the least.

May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hellsing

Puts things into perspective big time.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

RIP hun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

It's so tragic, I can't imagine what her family and friends are going through. She achieved so much to complete the leaving cert at 18 given how much she would have struggled with her health. It's painful that she never got to see her results, heartbreaking that she had to die so young.

May she rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Rip

Sincere symphaty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

R.I.P and God bless you and your family Darina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

A very sad ending to a very short life.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I hate hearing stories like this. A girl in my year died a week or so ago as a result of an asthma attack.. it's heartbreaking looking at her bebo and seeing stuff like 'Can't wait for results! College is gonna be great!' on it. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

This is so sad.. Now I feel selfish for even starting to worry about the results; Dorina will never know...

May you Rest In Peace.

Advertisement