Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Propostion for all you 5 series owners

Options
  • 09-08-2009 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey All,

My sis is getting married in November this year and we were discussing things today when we came up with an idea for her wedding cars. I have a 09 520d and my other half will be driving some of the wedding party on the day and I thought I'd ask on here if 2 folk with E60/61 5 series' would like to make an easy €100 (plus fuel costs) to drive the rest of the wedding party from my mam's house in Ashbourne, Co. Meath, to the local church on the Main Street and then onto the Station House Hotel in Kilmessan, Co. Meath? Its roughly 25mi to the hotel. My car is bronze but the colour won't matter so long as they are nice and shiny on the day! :)

She was planning to have a big wedding next year but the big 'R' hit and they have decided to move the wedding forward to this Nov and have a small one instead.

Ya never know this idea could take off for others or all be laughed off Boards forever!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Most people's insurance won't cover them for "hire or reward".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Someone could do it for free.you could cover their expenses I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

milltown wrote: »
    Most people's insurance won't cover them for "hire or reward".

It's not a reward if the money is "accidently" left in the car by one of the guests:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

maybe ask over on BMW Drivers Forum

a few E60 owners there and you know they'll be looked after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Just rent a bus, like everybody else...or a real limo, not a 520d lol...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

igglou wrote: »
    Hey All,

My sis is getting married in November this year and we were discussing things today when we came up with an idea for her wedding cars. I have a 09 520d and my other half will be driving some of the wedding party on the day and I thought I'd ask on here if 2 folk with E60/61 5 series' would like to make an easy €100 (plus fuel costs) to drive the rest of the wedding party from my mam's house in Ashbourne, Co. Meath, to the local church on the Main Street and then onto the Station House Hotel in Kilmessan, Co. Meath? Its roughly 25mi to the hotel. My car is bronze but the colour won't matter so long as they are nice and shiny on the day! :)

She was planning to have a big wedding next year but the big 'R' hit and they have decided to move the wedding forward to this Nov and have a small one instead.

Ya never know this idea could take off for others or all be laughed off Boards forever!! :D

I don't think 100 euros is going to persuade someone who can afford one of those cars. I reckon you are just gloating you have an 09 5 series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

i think its a mad cap idea.....you havent a clue who you are dealing with. Just rent a bus, be secure in the knowledge there'll be no messing and enjoy the great occassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I don't think 100 euros is going to persuade someone who can afford one of those cars. I reckon you are just gloating you have an 09 5 series.

+1, anyone who has a new 5 series isn't gonna be tempted by €100 to hang around for half the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I reckon you are just gloating you have an 09 5 series.

even on the drip is an achievement in these climes..... just noticed in traffic today majority of cars 00-07 ....09's your a celeb!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bluefoam wrote: »
    +1, anyone who has a new 5 series isn't gonna be tempted by €100 to hang around for half the day...
    throw in a room at the hotel and access to the free bar and you can use my 97 E39 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

kbannon wrote: »
    throw in a room at the hotel and access to the free bar and you can use my 97 E39 :D

Probably the best offer you're gonna get OP... an E39 is impressive no matter what the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'll rent ya the use of my 06 Passat if ya like .. it's bigger! :p

(couldn't resist!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Wouldn't ya know it..... he's from Cavan! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Wouldn't ya know it..... he's from Cavan! :D:D:D

Only LIVING there. Dub in exile! :p Besides I know the OP and my Passat IS bigger! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

No offence to your sister or her wedding plans,but why don't you try one of the classic car clubs and get something a bit more retro and cool (the added bonus is those guys always have their cars clean and are mad to show them off)

I couldn't think of a duller way to arrive for a wedding than in a fleet of 520d's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Is this a money-saving exercise?

You won't rent wedding cars for anywhere close to €100 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

let them drive their own cars to the chruch and on to the reception, they wont be drinking in the chruch, then take taxies the next day to pick up the cars. 200 euro will cover a lot of taxies.

If you get a fleet of 520d's no body will notice anyway, very common car. 09 reg is less common, but I think most people are over the reg thing at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

09 reg is less common, but I think most people are over the reg thing at this stage.

I doubt it... wouldn't risk it in Meath, the convoy will end up being bricked by us peasants (FOR GREAT JUSTICE!) just in case one of the beemers contained a banker/TD as '09 520s invariably do! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

igglou wrote: »
    I have a 09 520d and my other half will be driving some of the wedding party on the day and I thought I'd ask on here if 2 folk with E60/61 5 series' .... ....... to drive the rest of the wedding party
    My brother did that at his wedding and I thought it was a bit tacky!

(....and I speak as the owner of an E60).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I like the idea of cars other than wedding type cars but you should go for rare cars & all different. As others have said, nothin special about 5 series now, specially 520d.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The wedding won't smell too nice if all the cars are 520d's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Holy divine jayzuz...

Celtic Tiger lives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

pburns wrote: »

Celtic Tiger lives!!

not if you have to borrow them it doesn't :D

Advertisement