Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine Flu - Should schools re-open or not ?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

With all the recent Swine Flu media and now todays story of an Irish language college in the Donegal Gaeltacht closing temporarily because of an outbreak of swine flu among students, do you think schools should re-open or not ?

Swine Flu - Should schools re-open or not ? 25 votes

No, schools should stay closed
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, schools should re-open as normal
    100% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

No they shouldn't open because I'm still in school.
    Honestly though yes. If a student has swine flu they should remain isolated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Who the hell puts "No" as the first option in a poll?

Are you on drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any kind of outbreak of anything, you really ought to close down. In Florida your common risk of outbreak usually comes from headlice. Similarly up the north your greater risk is from influenza. In both cases though the individual students would be sent home. Im guessing in this schools case they panicked before determining if there was a threat of outbreak or not: all they need maybe to have done was sent the ill kids home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

You guys aren't considering the magic of caring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Who the hell puts "No" as the first option in a poll?

Are you on drugs?
    I guess the Tamiflu is affecting my mind :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

LETS QUARANTINE THE WHOLE COUNTRY SO WE DONT ALL GET SOME MOSTLY HARMLESS FLU ITS A AMERGENCY

good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Honest answer: No, I've had it; no big deal.. no need tbh

With the Vested Interest of being at school: YESSSS... WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. 2 MONTHS EXTRA HOLIDAY WOOO etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I'm heading into 5th year so automatically no

I'm heading into 5th year so automatically no

It's not just about you, dood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

hellboy99 wrote: »
    With all the recent Swine Flu media and now todays story of an Irish language college in the Donegal Gaeltacht closing temporarily because of an outbreak of swine flu among students, do you think schools should re-open or not ?

It does not matter, if a school has an outbreak parents will just keep their kids at home. Open or not would you risk you childs health? I wouldn't.

The Swine flu may be nothing more than the common flu, however media has given it such profile that nobody now wants to take risks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

How many times do people need to be told it's the same (or milder) then normal flu ?

It's not just about you, dood
    I know. It's about he 1200 other people in my school who don't want to go back either

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It does not matter, if a school has an outbreak parents will just keep their kids at home. Open or not would you risk you childs health? I wouldn't.
    Are parents allowed decide if a kid can go to school or not? The closing would force them to keep them home and so families where both parents work would have an easier time explaining to employees why they are not in work.
    The Swine flu may be nothing more than the common flu
    Yes, but the common flu is not that common at all, I wonder how many people have ever had the flu in their life. I never have had it, yet have heard lots of people tell me I did (when I had a cold). This comparing to the "common flu" only serves to lessen peoples idea about it, since most people think the common flu is a slight cough and runny nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Me neither.
    The Swine flu may be nothing more than the common flu, however media has given it such profile that nobody now wants to take risks.
    That is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

jhegarty wrote: »
    How many times do people need to be told it's the same (or milder) then normal flu ?

Yes, but it still kills mainly young people. Would you chance your children getting it?>

I know. It's about he 1200 other people in my school who don't want to go back either

Yeah.. Well... My name is more original than yours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yes, but it still kills mainly young people. Would you chance your children getting it?>

So do school buses, and we still use those.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Move to parenting forum....??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Yeah.. Well... My name is more original than yours
    Mines at least 3 times better. I therefore win.

Play him off keyboard cat

Advertisement