Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers in Killorglin

Options
  • 09-08-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I was in Killorglin yesterday (Saturday). I was impressed with the little Civic complex incorporating a library, coffee shops and a playground. The town is beginning the pre-puck buzz. Was happy to see the standards that the fair is reaching for compared to times past when it was a bit cheap. http://www.puckfair.ie/webcam.php

Now dont get me wrong but I also noticed the large number of Travellers in the town, and don't get me wrong I have had little to give me any grudges with them in the past, I even read a few books about this community. But I was shocked to see that a group of Traveller children [unsupervised] had vandalised the fence in the playground and were throwing $h.1.t in a tesco bag at each other and smeared the $hit into one of the benches. These kids were 6 to 8 years old. Nobody seemed to care about it. Even the person in the library shrugged his shoulders and the Garda station wasnt open when I went there.

Driving away i was thinking that the town woundn't tolerate that number of Travellers if it were not for the fair. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. Turn a blind eye for the fair, and this the paid officials of the town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

just was that post now.

Were they the one's who were parked in the School Rd carpark across from the playground? They were actually gone by sunday evening. I was workin in the town on saturday afternoon and am pleased and surprised to say that we didn't encounter any of them, no hassle at all at all.
    Apparently there was some hassle involving the families in question which led to them leaving on sunday, apparently of their own accord but I'm not sure on this.

Advertisement