Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting into town

Options
  • 09-08-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all, we just moved into the Phoenix park apartments off the N3 near the phoenix park and I was just wondering if anyone knew what the story is regarding public transport in phoenix park. Is there any system setup (other that cycle routes) to get from one end of the park to the other? I'm thinking a tram or bus service optimistically here :rolleyes:
    Also just on a quick side note, does anyone know if the halfway house pub shows the football matches, and is it a good pub? Like I said, very new to the area and still trying to find our footing :pac:

Also for those of you who are really brave here's a bonus question :)
    Does anyone know a good carpenter in the local, was thinking about going and looking at the supermarket boards but then figured I might as well ask for some recommended names first
    Cheers for taking the time to read such a long post :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

the area is serviced by the 39 & 70 bus, 39 is quite regular.

you also have the train. usually get into town in about 10/15 mins by bus.

Halfway house do grub alright, its not bad. think they show matches, would be fairly mad if they didnt these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Halfway house is good for matches alright, and never too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Halfway House is always nice, alright. Not from Dublin but when I'm up, that's often where I end up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

Hole in the Wall used to be nice but I haven't been there for ages. I like the Vineyard in Blanchardstown village too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

the halfway is great. the holer does good food, try the giant chips

Advertisement