Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subaru Forester?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Been looking at a 99 model.
    I dont want to buy a proper Jeep becasue I'll only knacker it offroad, at least something like this will keep me in check and tow my wee suzuki.
    But are they any good and do any of them have low range?
    Is there anyhing I should look out for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

AFAIK only the manual, non-turbo models have a low range gearbox

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

They have a reputation for being thirsty.However a great choice if your compare them to petrol Rav,Santa Fe,Crv,X Trail,Freelander etc.Especially if you actually tow or go off road. Subaru are always in the top 5 for reliability and customer satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I have one.

great car - try for one with full winter pack, defrosts very quickly in winter, loads of room in boot. Hell of a sunroof..

Great pulling power

Be warned.. it is thirsty but fun!... feather the throttle & you could be ok.

Advertisement