Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Service Industry

Options
  • 09-08-2009 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Can I ask people if they are happy with the Taxi industry, from the consumer’s side?

- As the consumer do you feel safe in a Taxi?
    - Do you know if you are in a legal taxi?
    - Do you know your rights?
    - Do you have any experiences travelling in a taxi?
    - Is there a different level in the service you have received?

Do you feel safe in a Taxi 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

duosales, what is your motivation for asking this question?

dudara

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

He's shilling as per his other post:
    Great time to kick start a business, well done to all .... I myself kicked off few months ago and its hard ..... But learning by the day, getting help and getting screwed!! Great fun ... New business coming soon ..... SafeCabby.ie .... watch this space ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 duosales

We want to hear what the general public have to say, we have gotten the word from the Taxi drivers, I guess we are researching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think running something like this could attract a lot of unwanted attention from many taxi drivers as it would appear to suggest that you think that taxis are unsafe?

Thanks for the reply, Safety is only one aspect of the process. By introducing a 3rd independent player both Service user's & Services providers will get 100% assurances from Safety down to rewarding drivers ..

There are already standards which have been introduced by the regulator, but many drivers are going far beyond and this is not always evident to the Service users ... like you and me ...

Benefits of a Third Party certification
    1. Enhancing Consumer assurance - third party certification confirms that the organisation aspires to the highest standards of quality and excellence.
    2. Demonstrates an organisation's commitment.
    3. Ongoing SafeCabby marketing and advertising campaign promoting the Quality Mark brand which creates brand awareness
    4. Increases Taxi organisations & Individuals competitiveness, gaining an advantage
    5. Independent audits will eliminate bias and the feedback is constructive both positive actions are highlighted and areas for improvements are identified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Bombe

You might have some of the taxi men up in arms:mad: but its not a bad idea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ah right I see, I thought it was more about setting up a company of "safe" taxi drivers/cars as opposed to certification

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

1. Enhancing Consumer assurance - third party certification confirms that the organisation aspires to the highest standards of quality and excellence.
    Only if consumers can trust you, the organisation that certifies them. What reason is there to trust you?

Explain "5. Independent audits"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Folks, there's already a multitude of agencies involved in quality assurance in the taxi industry, you mighn't look upon it like that but that's what they do. They are : NCTS, An Garda Siochana, Taxi Regulator (mixed success that one), Airport Police. The last thing the industry needs is another so called independent scheme to cause more confusion and regulation.

Karoma wrote: »
    Only if consumers can trust you, the organisation that certifies them. What reason is there to trust you?

Explain "5. Independent audits"?

We will have recignised agencies completing some audits (AA for vehicle etc)

To answer "Independent Audits" - Working in line with current legislation we will complete audits so Firms & Individual providers are working to current legislation.

• Advertisement

Folks, there's already a multitude of agencies involved in quality assurance in the taxi industry, you mighn't look upon it like that but that's what they do. They are : NCTS, An Garda Siochana, Taxi Regulator (mixed success that one), Airport Police. The last thing the industry needs is another so called independent scheme to cause more confusion and regulation.

Agreed, these agencies play their part in the industry, but not collectively.

Our aim is that the consumer will use use "Quality Approved" taxi's as they can be assured that the Service provider they use is "Top quality"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Hopefully this audit will also include a test on directions.

So experiences Ive had recently include :

1) Rathmines to Ringsend - ended up at St. Stephens Green
    2) Rathmines to Mount Street Lower - Driver said he only knew the Northside
    3) Ringsend to Rathmines - Its my first day can you tell me the way.

These are not like Im asking to find some small side street. I take taxis all the time to get around and I tip what I can, but the service is variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

spongeman wrote: »
    Hopefully this audit will also include a test on directions.

So experiences Ive had recently include :

1) Rathmines to Ringsend - ended up at St. Stephens Green
    2) Rathmines to Mount Street Lower - Driver said he only knew the Northside
    3) Ringsend to Rathmines - Its my first day can you tell me the way.

These are not like Im asking to find some small side street. I take taxis all the time to get around and I tip what I can, but the service is variable.

A result of de-regulation. Seems when somebody loses their job they jump into a taxi, they should have a more stringent PSV test. I find the standard has been droping over the years, everything from the standard of car to driver.

ABEasy wrote: »
    A result of de-regulation. Seems when somebody loses their job they jump into a taxi, they should have a more stringent PSV test. I find the standard has been droping over the years, everything from the standard of car to driver.

There are still excellent Service providers and with our help we hope that consumers will recignise them by our Brand. Helping both Service providers & consumers alike

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

duosales, as you are representing a commercial interest, I cannot allow you to use this forum to gather research. I am therefore closing this thread.

Please contact the administrators of boards if you wish to use boards for your benefit.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement