Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salomon Freeski Camps in Dublin

Options
  • 08-08-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Salomon Grom Camps are coming to Dublin

The date is November the 14th and the location will be the Ski Club of Ireland. Featuring some of the top freestyle coaches around this is a great opportunity to learn something new or top up the skills. All ages and skill abilities welcome once you can ski in a controlled fashion down the slope

Coaches include Pat Sharples, Becky Hammond and James Woodsy Woods the Current Sass Fee Ride Champion.

Booking and further information can be found on the below website. Space are limited so if you are interested the website is below for bookings if you have any questions let me know.

http://www.salomongromcamps.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snowlady

Best of luck with it, sorry I can't be there...will be on snow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Looks good . . . I might send the mini-mes for blast.

Any idea if the Ski Club (or Solomon) provide skis & boots on the day, like they do for normal training lessons ?

z

Skis and boots will be available from the ski club as part of the camp. But if you have your own feel free to use them. There will also be test skis available on the day. Salomon have also put a pair of skis up as a prize on the day amongst many other goodies & suprises but no one will be going home empty handed.Pretty much a case of one for everybody in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

sounds good but im afraid to say its on during BUDS in edinburgh so myself n a fair few of the university scene peeps interested in freestyle will be at that, best of luck with it!

Oh and what equipment and features would be available at it? any new boxes gracing kt?

• Advertisement

granty1987; Yeah we are aware that it clashes with the BUDS considering the Irish record in the freestyle at the BUDS maybe you would be better of staying at home and learning some new tricks so you can be competitive next year :)

Enjoy the beer and the festivities while we enjoy Europes top freestlye talent Woodsy who will be over in Dublin Coaching.

There are a couple of boxes and rails being built at the moment and a few new bits and bobs for a mini park. There will be some intresting suprises for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

hey,

i booked this but i cant find my confirmation email..i know i have it so if anyone could tell me the name of the person who sends out the email it would be great cause im sure i'll need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Fattes wrote: »

Just looking at the pictures of that snowdome place, are those boxes and rails always there?

erinn: If you email Grom@salomon-sports.com they will confirm you are signed up etc and resend the confirmation mail if needs be. They dont bite much :)

Mmmm_Lemony: The Parks are not always laid out in the snowdomes. Chill factore in Manchester has freestyle nights Friday I think where the boxes rails etc are thrown out for people to play on.

I a few of the other domes have the same set up. The build fairly big kickers to.

The Ski club of Ireland will be getting some new park equipment this year for the freestlye camps they will be running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 digesy

hey sounds really cool did one of these in manchester last year with the same guys had an amazing time learned so much have booked onto this one in dublin cant wait the guys that run it are UNBELIEVABLE. Goodie bags are great too. Highly recommend it, couldnt believe what i could do by the end of the last one!! Hope they run more of these in Dublin :D

• Advertisement

Hey guys Here are a couple of photos from the Grom camp in Manchester on Thursday night. Great night with an incredible Buzz about the place while the camps where on and a great opportunity to learn some new stuff.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/gromcamps/collection?album_id=195354687

Only 8 weeks left before the first ever Irish one and places are filling up fast. We already have 30 + people booked of all age categories. The youngest being 5 and the oldest 52.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rebrabuk

Is this just focused on skiing or would it be of any use to boarders as well? Just from looking at the site it seems entirely based around skiing but those photos show a handful of snowboarders, were they just randoms allowed to take the jump or were they with the camp?

Rebrabuk The camps are currently focused on the ski side of things.

The plan is to use them to set up a freestyle scene and special night at the club that will not discriminate not matter what (Except snowbladers as they are just silly) :D:D We are currently putting together some new features for people to use in the club also.

Hopefully once the redevelopment is done in the club early next year we can start building it as there is a huge interest in it and it would be great for everyone in the sport to have it set up.

Fattes;

do you know when the new features will be completed? and what is being made? would love something new there!

granty1987:
    They are currently in production, they will be targeted at freestyle begineers so a couple of long low boxes and rails and some small pipes to shred on.

We are putting together a wall with rail on the top again wont be to high but higher than above and a couple of old large sewrage pipes (You know the Black couregated ones)

The plan is once we get it up and running with a regular freestyle night that we can bring in bigger stuff and go looking for people to sponsor it.

Let me know if you have any other questions

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

granty1987:
    We are putting together a wall with rail on the top again wont be to high but higher than above and a couple of old large sewrage pipes (You know the Black couregated ones)

Class!! Might just be enough to bring me out of dendex retirement!!!

Even just a long flat box would be great!

I made the black box (it does actually get used for all the college comps, despite what some ppl think!!!!), so if you need advice on how to make stuff that will withstand the irish winter, don't hesitate to ask

Paul cheers you are a gent. Stuff is being put together by a guy nicknamed Holy Hands so we are in very capable hands Keep an eye on Facebook as there will be a Kilternan Freestyle site popping up soon

Holy Hands!! Nice one.

Make sure you stick it up here aswell when the new stuff appears

Cheers Paul,
    You will probably see your work of art in the pics going up :) And yes it is very definatley still used.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Super news, just booked!

• Advertisement

Hey fattes, was up in kt on sunday, saw the upgrade work.

What exactly is the revised plan??? Its obviously going a bit different from what went out in the club newsletter a few years ago.

Is the snowflex slope going to replace the intermediate slope???

Plan is

2 new snoflex slopes to replace the exsisting kinder slopes with travelator style lifts at the side

Despite a rumour someone has spread :D the work on the middle slope is not a 1/4 pipe!

They have to remove the bottom section for access for the work and they are installing a counter slope so the top part will remain in action

When all is done
    There will be 2 new snoflex kinderslopes with travelators and the middle and main slope will reamain as they are. There is also plans for a new club house.
    Let me know if you need anything else.

.... so that isnt going to be a mean table top kicker halfway down the slope?? shame... it could have been class!

Another option for this kicker is where the top nursery slope finishes and you could have the landing at the top of the lower one - has a nice gradient to it!

oh and i think that if possible, the work on the new features should be done asap! dont think that the grom camp should be the first time people should get to use them

OH and on another note;
    Does anyone have an old pair of twin tips for sale? like less that €100. around 170 or something, not too picky

Unfortunatley the new features are being built with My money and my old mans time & expertise meaning they are not being funded by the Club although they will be made available on request.

Untill we can get someone to sponsor some new features and ramps

But hey if you want freestyle features just do what PaulHarte did build your own :D:D

There will be new gradients on the nursery slopes and there is a long term plan for the club to build a freestyle section to the right of the main slope as you are looking up the hill.

Fattes, when is this work on the slopes expected to be finished?

The work only affect the Kiddie slopes and the bottom of the middle slope.

The main slope is unaffected and will be exclusivly for the Grom Camps on the day. There will be no other classes on that afternoon.

Work should be finished by Jan/feb but I have no exact finish date.

Most of the beginner classes will be moved to the bottom of the main slope and the top of the middle slope for the duration of the works.

Hey Guys,
    Camp is fully booked for the 14th of November! We will be announcing dates for more camps through the year soon.

Look forward to seeing you all there on the 14th :D

Camp is fully booked for the 14th of November!

Fair play there Fattes, its always good to see someone who is trying to push things forward in the ski club

That's good news that there's the interest, glad I got in!

Paul, what is the possibility of a 2010 Irish snow champs?

• Advertisement

Pretty much 100% possible!!

There is no way I could let it slide after last year!! The site is down right now, due to a cockup by the host, but I should have it back up soon, along with some details!!!

Advertisement