Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Users of Ireland

Options
  • 08-08-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have a Blackberry 8300 and it just the best thing since sliced bread.
    What Blackberry do you have
    Let be having you Opinions, Recommendations and Findings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I am awaiting the Blackberry storm II - you know the one were they actually coped the fcuk on and added wifi! That phone could have went down a storm (excuse the pun) if only they didnt cave into Verizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

the BB 8110 . hav'nt set up the email yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Panda Bear

Me I am waiting for the Blackerry Pearl Flip 8220 it just looks so cool.
    I just like Blackberry's, I have video working on mine also and its a 8300 Bold. I can watch movies on the train or bus and listen to music.

the BB 8110 . hav'nt set up the email yet though

This is an excellent model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I've a Pearl 8110. Would find it hard to switch to anything else. Its compact yet packed with the stuff I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

I had a Blackberry Bold until it decided to die on me with all my contacts, messages everything contained within unable to remove them, it did this 3 times, then it met a wall.
    Ill never buy a Blackberry device again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I have the 8900 Curve.

Absolutely love it.

Wish it had 3G though. Then it would be the perfect phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

8300 only use it for email, I upgraded to the Bold, but there was a hell of a lot more than I dropped back to the 8300 and made some chappy on adverts happy. (Gillo for great deals on Adverts!!!)

Have to say I'm on a few groups on yahoo and get about 2000 mails a month the last time I checked, so it works out very handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pearl 8100, would eb lsot without it. I remember when i got it first it took me ages to reply to an email or txt but now its impossible to send a message/email on a nokia!

Blackerry comes with a Blackberry Desktop Manager. It has a facility for you to do a backup and a restore if you ever need those.

I dont know may other devices that offer as simple a manager as this I know Nokia has on also and many others.

If someone was to enter the device password a number of times incorrectly it will wipe the blackberry and all data so its important to keep the data backed up.

I fear this advice is a bit late now but no point blaming the Blackberry.

• Advertisement

Clank wrote: »
    I had a Blackberry Bold until it decided to die on me with all my contacts, messages everything contained within unable to remove them, it did this 3 times, then it met a wall.
    Ill never buy a Blackberry device again.:D

When you said it died and met a wall what did you mean...was it a battery perhaps I could lay my hands on a spare to fire it up again and get you data back on to a pc or laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Panda Bear wrote: »
    Blackerry comes with a Blackberry Desktop Manager. It has a facility for you to do a backup and a restore if you ever need those.

I dont know may other devices that offer as simple a manager as this I know Nokia has on also and many others.

If someone was to enter the device password a number of times incorrectly it will wipe the blackberry and all data so its important to keep the data backed up.

I fear this advice is a bit late now but no point blaming the Blackberry.

Of course I know that but you still lose whatever has been modified since you last backed up and also the fact that you lose your phone for the day. When im on it constantly I cant have it just all of a sudden dying in my pocket, unable to get going again until I get home or to my laptop.

It did this numerous times so it met a wall, didn't split into any pieces actually, had a good few throws and it still works, a bit.

I will blame the Blackberry, its not me that made the atrociously buggy software :rolleyes:, anyone ive talked to has said the same of the Bold.

Good hardware, bad software.

Sorry to hear that I must admit I myself upgraded the core software version to level 4.5.0 and have never had any trouble you can of course re charge the battery and renew the operating system if you wish to use it anymore.

But by now you prbably feel like chuckin it in the sea.

Advertisement