Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual pub tricks

Options
  • 08-08-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

[FONT=&quot]I had recently wetted my wick in a boozer on Dame St in the company of a woman that had the most unusual (and useless) talent of being able to tell you immediately, the number of letters contained in a sentence you spoke to her.

Madness.

For example:
    " Hello there, is it possible for you to tell me the correct number of letters contained in the sentence that I am now speaking to you?"
    "108" She'd reply, instantaneously.
    "Nonsense, it's impossible for you to be able to count that quickly"
    (Much drunken calculations later) "Holy Jebus, you're right!"

It was kind of fascinating for a while. Every one at the table quizzed her one after another, having calculated in their heads (some needed to use a pen and paper) and then tested her 'amazing savant abilities' and she was right every time. She gave her answer almost immediately each time and there was seemingly no limit to the letter sentences she could calculate, so long as you spoke clearly, speaking fast had no bearing either. She explained it as being able to see the words before her as an entire list and also, visualise the words as numbers and being good at adding, could add each number ad infinitum.

She [/FONT][FONT=&quot]seemingly [/FONT][FONT=&quot]couldn't use this ability for any profit though.

Any other 'hidden savants' out there?

[/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you shagged rain man

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

One minute to Wapner. *slaps head

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

the ability to swallow your own head.

Awesome trick.

One always gets a pint out of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I know a lad who can do multiplication straight away.

If someone says there's 18 minutes left of a lesson, he'll say straight away "1080 seconds"
    It's amazing at first, fcking irritating afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know people who can get served at only 17 years of age. Now there's a trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

The greats get served at 16 tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I know a girl, quite a few actually, who can get free drink simply by lying on their backs! :eek:

Wish I could do that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Spore wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]I had recently wetted my wick in a boozer on Dame St in the company of a woman that had the most unusual (and useless) talent of being able to tell you immediately, the number of letters contained in a sentence you spoke to her.

I had a friend who if you asked said any date past or present, say 14th July 1996, He'd be able to tell you immediately what day it was on that date. He was autistic. It's not a pub trick.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I know a girl, quite a few actually, who can get free drink simply by lying on their backs! :eek:

Wish I could do that one!

Pass on their numbers my good man!

When I worked in a bar, a guy played this trick on me.
    There's a pint glass, brandy glass and a peanut.
    He says to me to get the peanut into the pint glass using the brandy glass. I couldn't do it. You're not allowed touch the peanut physically.
    How is it done? Turn the brandy glass upside down and put it over the peanut. With the glass on the table/counter, turn the glass around quickly, causing the peanut to move up to the middle of the glass. While the glass is still turning, lift it over to the pint glass. Be careful to stop turning the glass, and watch the peanut drop into the pint glass.

Cost me 2 pints back in the day. Although I did write them down as spillage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

snyper wrote: »
    the ability to swallow your own head.

Awesome trick.

One always gets a pint out of that one.

Blue balls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Numina wrote: »
    I had a friend who if you asked said any date past or present, say 14th July 1996, He'd be able to tell you immediately what day it was on that date. He was autistic. It's not a pub trick.

That is actually a trick tho, there's a system to work out what day it was on any given date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

That's weird OP. I met her to the other night. I said

'Dya fancy a drink here and then maybe after coming back to my place for a cup of coffee'

but she knew what I really meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

That's weird OP. I met her to the other night. I said

'Dya fancy a drink here and then maybe after coming back to my place for a cup of coffee'

but she knew what I really meant.

:D:D Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I heard of a guy who swallowed a pack of ready salted and crapped out a few dry roasted an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

i know a guy who can go into a pub see a hot girl and walk over and chat to her and she actually talks back to him.most amazing pub trick ever
    iv tried learning this trick........fail every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Tear a small hole in the middle of a beermat and put a pint beside it.
    Bet your friend they can't push the pint through the hole.
    When they give up, stick your finger through the hole and push the pint with your finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Find a Hen Party
    • Wait till one of said hens bets her friend she can't get a guy's boxers over her face for a photo
    • Give boxers to hysterical mentaler
    • Profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Find a Hen Party
    • Wait till one of said hens bets her friend she can't get a guy's boxers over her face for a photo
    • Profit
    • Get Badger out of boiler with profit

FYP!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My trick us my ability to go into a pub looking well, only to leave later looking a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brummytom wrote: »
    I know a lad who can do multiplication straight away.

If someone says there's 18 minutes left of a lesson, he'll say straight away "1080 seconds"
    It's amazing at first, fcking irritating afterwards

Perhaps he just specifically learned the 60 times tables...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Back when I worked in pubs, my favourite trick was turning a bar towel into a chicken. Always a good one late at night when the bar was quiet for making a few extra quid or some drinks.
    If you've seen the trick you'll know what I'm talking about...if you haven't I won't spoil it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Find a Hen Party
    • ?????
    • Profit

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'd have asked her - "They're a loud bee."

When I really meant - "They are allowed be."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

demakinz wrote: »
    i know a guy who can go into a pub see a hot girl and walk over and chat to her and she actually talks back to him.most amazing pub trick ever
    iv tried learning this trick........fail every time.

I think the lesson here is 'don't try'

Advertisement