Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting Number to Meteor

Options
  • 08-08-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I unlocked my 3GS a while ago and have been waiting for my 02 credit to run out. So it's finally run out and I want to swap over my SIM.

The Meteor SIM works just fine in the 3GS. What I want to do now is port my number over to Meteor.... it's an 085 number anyway!

What I want to know however is if I port the number over to Meteor will this result in 02 bricking the iPhone?

I haven't heard of this happening to anyone but thought I'd ask just in case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 won't do anything to your iPhone. If your other Meteor SIM works in it now then it will work after you port your O2 number over to Meteor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The porting is done by the network. There is no difference from the phone end. If it works now with your meteor sim, it will work when ported.

Advertisement