Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter shut down due to hacker attack

Options
  • 08-08-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

dunno if this has been posted yet, did a search to no avail, and im not sure if i should put this thread into R&R instead, but its about time someone tried to cripple twitter. what a load of bollox that website is.

more on the story here
    For Twitter users, the outage meant no tweeting about lunch plans, the weather or the fact that Twitter is down.

i like the journalist who wrote this.
    "I had to Google search Twitter to find out what was going on, when normally my Twitter feed gives me all the breaking news I need," said Alison Koski, a New York public-relations manager. She added she felt "completely lost" without Twitter."

i say get a life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Wasn't this 2 days ago?

IBTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

This is brand new information!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

el_weirdo wrote: »
    Wasn't this 2 days ago?

IBTL
    yeah thursday. some of us dont "tweet" or like twitter, therefore it is news to me.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    dunno if this has been posted yet, did a search to no avail, and im not sure if i should put this thread into R&R instead, but its about time someone tried to cripple twitter. what a load of bollox that website is.

more on the story here

i like the journalist who wrote this.

i say get a life.
    Something wrong with your search function... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055642857&highlight=twitter

Feedback is that way>>>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

I felt a great disturbance in the Twit...as if millions of idiots suddenly cried out in banality and were suddenly silenced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You gonna complain about twitter on your bebo page tea bag?

el_weirdo wrote: »

silly me, i searched "twitter hacked" and got nothing about it. should have searched twitter gets twitted.
    You gonna complain about twitter on your bebo page tea bag?

actually i dont use bebo, but thanks for being unhelpful and off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good.

Twitter is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

All the twitterers had to talk to each other the old fashioned way.

Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

its about time someone tried to cripple twitter. what a load of bollox that website is.

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to be a moaning, malcontented idiot with stupid, useless opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

silly me, i searched "twitter hacked" and got nothing about it. should have searched twitter gets twitted.

actually i dont use bebo, but thanks for being unhelpful and off topic.

my mistake, sorry. I'm sure the coolest guy around using Xbox live.

Actually, I just searched "twitter"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Hackers please leave Twitter alone , how will I know if my mate has had his mid morning cr@p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It amuses me when people go on about how much they hate twitter/facebook/bebo.

It's not like their forced to use it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

NickNolte wrote: »
    If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to be a moaning, malcontented idiot with stupid, useless opinions.

Banned.

Lads take it easy.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Is this hacking business affecting the rest of the internetz as well?

Because for the last few hours my connection to most sites (including boards) has been painfully sloooooooooooooooooooow

peasant wrote: »
    Is this hacking business affecting the rest of the internetz as well?

Because for the last few hours my connection to most sites (including boards) has been painfully sloooooooooooooooooooow
    apparently UPC is having some internet probs atm. im with UPC and im fine here in limerick, but it could be affecting certain areas somehow? are you with Chorus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I loathe and despise all these social networking sites, especially Twitter but in fairness to them, they can be useful in times of crisis, it's another way of getting the word out when other means are not available:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1905125,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Twitter is so stupid, I remember when Michael Jackson died and every five seconds on the news was " [Some z-list nobody] had this to say via twitter"

I don't give a fvck what Hannie Montannie thinks about anything ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

apparently UPC is having some internet probs atm. im with UPC and im fine here in limerick, but it could be affecting certain areas somehow? are you with Chorus?

nope, I'm with UTVinternet.

worked fine this morning, now it can take up to one game of solitaire for a page to refresh :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Apparently a couple of planes flew into the World Trade Centre too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement