Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing your scripts regardless

Options
  • 08-08-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Is anyone planning to view most of their scripts regardless of what you got?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

yeah probs will except for maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I definitely will.
    Even if I get A1s in subjects, just to see my percentage.

Did the same last year- was nice knowing exactly how I did!
    (3 marks off the next grade in Chemistry, ouch. About 50/100 for my essay in Irish. OUCH OUCH. A very high A1 on P1 in Maths yet a disastrous result in Paper 2 which dragged me way down. OUCH OUCH OUCH.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Im definately gonna look at mine, regardless to what i'll get. I'm defo going to look at my six highest anyway. But mostly out of curiousity. I'm curious to see what i'll get in HL maths as it's one of my favourite subjects. I really want to know what percentage ill get in accounting tho. Anyone else? Like whether your figures balanced at the end etc. There was so much hype about the manufacturing and a few others and its nice to know how close you were to that balance!:P.........english aswell actually.
    Does it tell you what you got in the orals aswell? I assume it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Xtina!! wrote: »
    Does it tell you what you got in the orals aswell? I assume it would.

No, but you can kind of work it out from your overall grade and the mark of your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i viewed my Eng scripts with my lovely teacher(bless her, she was so nice about it!)

she got really indignant on my behalf, as in one question, even though i'd only made 2 grammatical errors they gave me 5/10. she said that she'd have given at least 8/10. there was lots of little pernickity shíte!

ended up getting upped a grade!

it's great for piece of mind to see exactly where you fell down/did well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I had decided to, but after talking to teachers and a couple others I don't there would be anything worse than knowing I was 2% off or whatever it is.
    If I get what I want I'm just going to leave it at that, but only one I really would love to see is Music regardless. Especially want to know how I did in the practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

no couldn't be arsed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I might view some of them just to know the percentages involved etc etc, but only if i genuinely think i need to view one and then will view the others while im there kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Do you have to pay to view your scripts or is that only for recorrecting?

veiwing is free :) correcting costs if you stay the same or go down a grade, but you get it back if you go up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

veiwing is free :) correcting costs if you stay the same or go down a grade, but you get it back if you go up

Really? It's hardly fair that you have to pay if your grade goes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

they view it as a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i'd ALWAYS do it - i viewed a few scripts when i did my lc a couple of years ago. The irish examiner had incorrectly totalled up the marks, ie left out a whole subsection of questions. I went up 3 grades in total - a d2 to a c2 i think it was

Definetly view them, only appeal if you are sure you are right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I viewed my scripts back in the day (LC 2004)... Well, I viewed the subjects I cared about: English, Irish and History. I was perfectly happy with my results, but I had always planned on viewing them because it was sort of like getting closure on the whole traumatic ordeal. I just sat at the back of the school hall, completely content, on a Saturday morning I think it was, re-reading jerky scribbles on Macbeth and Paddy Kavanagh and Constructive Unionism and Hitler. And then I handed them back, and walked away forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Yep Im defo going to do it, even if I don't like what I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I'll deifintely view my scripts!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Few questions (I had the answers somewhere but can't find em), when is the script viewing? And do you appeal after the viewing?

Few questions (I had the answers somewhere but can't find em), when is the script viewing? And do you appeal after the viewing?

The veiwing is sometime around the last weekend of August and first week of September.
    And yes after you veiw your script you can decide to appeal or just to leave it. I advise bringing a teacher (preferably one that corrects exam papers) and the scoring sheets in so you know how many marks you are from the next grade and see if it would be worth getting remarked.
    If on the front of your paper there are two or even three sets of marks in different colours, I strongly advise just leaving it. It means they have already been checked and rechecked by advising examiners and cheif examiners. At that rate there would hardly be much room for error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

when is the script viewing? And do you appeal after the viewing?
    When you receive your results your school will also have a personalised application form provided by the Commission which will show your examination details including your subjects. If you decide you would like to view a particular script(s) you mark the form accordingly. You must return the completed form to the school by Tuesday, 18th August, 2009.

The Organising Superintendent appointed by the Commission to your school will assign you to one of the viewing sessions. The viewing sessions will be held as follows:-
    Friday 28th August from 6.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. (Session 1)
    Saturday 29th August from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon (Session 2)
    Saturday 29th August from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Session 3)

A more detailed information note for candidates, explaining the examiner’s markings, calculation of grades, etc., will be available from the Organising Superintendent.

I definitely want to view English Irish Maths and Geography, but Ill probably just see em all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Maths is the only one I don't want to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

I don't think so....why should I? If I get the points I want I'll be happy. Wednesday the 12th at 9.05 will see closure on the what I've worked towards for the past 6 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If I get my points then no fckn way.

Actually wait, I might view them and set the bastards on fire.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ah balls the viewings are on the day and the day after I come home from Ibiza, might be giving them a miss so.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Handed in the viewing form less than 5 mins after getting the results!

English - c2 - disappointing result, will have a good luck at it
    French - b3- if its close i might be able to appeal and get up a little
    Physics - a2 - will have a look at it
    Maths - a1 - wanna see what i got!!
    Applied Maths - a1 - as above!

Principal was asking me why im viewing maths and applied maths, i was just saying for curiousity sakes, he was telling me of a guy who got 600 about 2 years ago, viewed every script and went through every mark he got/didnt get afterwards aswell :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

yep!! might not look too close at Irish though - I think the person marking it was being nice:D

Advertisement