Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Lenses, should I give up?

Options
  • 08-08-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have had two trials for contact lenses, no problem putting them in, but I am a disaster getting them out, should I just forget about it, or does it come with a lot of practice?
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

If at first you don't succeed...
    Keep trying. It's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Have you considered laser eye surgery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭acmj2007

I will try again for the last time on Friday:)
    Laser is on my to do list, but not until I have the money:D
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

It took me ages to get used to getting contacts in or out. I'd say it was almost 2 months before I could get them in and out without difficulty. Stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I would definitely stick with it. Read this article for two different ways to insert/ remove contact lenses. You might also find that applying a few drops of moisturising drops shortly before removing your lenses will ease the process. Good luck.

• Advertisement

well I have got them in and out two days running
    but taking them out is proving difficult and I ended up with very red eyes last night!
    I find the clarity is not as clear with the lenses, is this normal?
    I am going back to the Optician on Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

The only method for removing lenses that I found worked for me was the "blink" method that I was taught for removing the gas permeable lenses I started with.

Basically i put my forefinger on the top lid and my middle finger on the lower lid (with my eye wide open so the lid isn't on top of the lens)

Then I pull the lids outwards (i.e. in the opposite direction to my nose) and blink.

The lens usually falls out everytime.

When I started using the soft lenses I tried the pinch it of the eyeball technique but couldn't do it. I ended up staying with my blink method despite being told in specsavers that it wouldn't work.

thanks brightspark
    I will try the pinch method later!
    day 3 and still going in okay but terrible getting them out

Advertisement