Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Topics

Options
  • 08-08-2009 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Am I the only one to notice a trend going on here on After Hours. Your listening to the radio, the DJ has a good topic going thats getting a great response from the listeners. A few hours later you visit AH and the exact same topic has been created by someone and is now the most popular thread on Boards! I have found this especially common with people using Fergal D'Arcy's "big three" questions of the day. I suppose it could be worse, we could be getting our inspiration for topics from the Joe Duffy show!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wait until we start talking about the worst DJ's in AH....Will they comment on that I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

No I actually notice Its the opposite way round, Ill have been looking at something all day on boards in work & on the way home i the car Its a topic on the Adrian Kennedy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i know, sure only this morning the DJ on today FM was asking "What will be the After hours topics today?" and now, here we have this thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

zuroph wrote: »
    i know, sure only this morning the DJ on today FM was asking "What will be the After hours topics today?" and now, here we have this thread. :rolleyes:

The AH topic for today is......... "Why does Today FM suck?"

Discuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

zuroph wrote: »

Did he really or is the rollseyes to show you are being sarcastic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

After extensive research, I can only conclude that people hear topics on the radio and then post them on boards.

Or researchers for radio shows read one of the biggest bulletin boards in the country.

Or that the process is a concurrent one because the topics are, well, topical.

Amazing stuff.

I'll be publishing these insights shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

juma wrote: »
    I suppose it could be worse, we could be getting our inspiration for topics from the Joe Duffy show!
    I know. Thank God that never happens...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Whats this "radio" you speak of? Whats the website for it?

Advertisement