Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you pre-invent an invention?

Options
  • 08-08-2009 5:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Tell me how vain and smart you are!

Suppose you could travel back in time and you had the chance to create a famous invention before the accredited person had the oppurtunity, what COULD you invent? ie could you make a lightbulb before Edison, or build a telescope, create the internet, telephone, penicillion etc.?

Keep in mind that you have to be able to do this now so you are just bringing back your skills and reaping the patent rewards later.

I can make a battery so whoever actually invented it is now forgotten and I'm famous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I had an idea a few weeks ago for a laptop battery that can be charged without a laptop.

Some ****ing laptop company already has one out. Either it was a subliminal idea or a startling coincidence. ****ers with their fancy team of engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd make the condom. The only way I'll ever get laid when I'm testing it on my subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

The Wheel. I'm pretty sure i know how one of those works

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'd make the condom. The only way I'll ever get laid when I'm testing it on my subjects.

I'd make 'The Pill' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

I'd actually be quite happy just inventing the time machine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Electronic voting machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

stovelid wrote: »
    Electronic voting machines.

i'd invent storage for electronic voting machines

I'd make 'The Pill' ;)

If you're a wimmenz then we should get married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I'd go back and invent boards.ie and choose my own mods muhahaha:D:D

I'd go back and invent boards.ie and choose my own mods muhahaha:D:D

Who would you choose?

Oooooh controversial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who would you choose?

Oooooh controversial.

No way am i even getting into that discussion haha i get band enough without going looking for it haha i blame the soccer forum i cant help get passionate and if honest slightly rude:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

IrishSerf wrote: »
    Tell me how smart you are!

If you have a time machine and travel back, you will see that the people who became rich and famous as a result of most inventions were not the actual inventors, but the person who figured out how best to market it.

Edison was a slave driver and it took him almost TEN years to get the lightbulb right. Electricity was not in common use but he knew that he had the killer app once he started working on the bulb and he concentrated on electricity supply to make the real money.

I'd go back to the late seventies and start gathering all the stuff that Microsoft acquired/stole in order to produce MSWindows. DOS, GUI's and all the apps which other companies invented which became MSOffice. Then I'd own you all... MMMUUUUUWWWWAAAHAAAHHAA

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

The Pneumatic Tyre (i.e. tyres that you inflate with air), very simple and easy to manufacture.:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Id go back and make babies. I think Im alright at it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭numanuma

I had the idea for wireless electricity using resonance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

sliced bread how hard was that! and people havnt stopped talking about it since!id be famous

or id go back and and invent playboy.that man(the hef) must of done a deal with the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'd go back to 1400 and make a gun. Then I'd take over Europe and really feck up history.

Imagine this against an army of gobsh1tes with swords.

Oh yeah!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I would go back and invent Jesus. I would play the role with more fire and brimstone though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Fcuk inventing something, I'd go back and be Ghengis Khan and pwn everyone. Dude had like 200 wives and fcuked left right and centre. He killed more people a week than the Holocaust did. He is bad ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

IrishSerf wrote: »
    ie could you make a lightbulb before Edison
    Edison didn't invent it, just took existing ones and improved them a bit.

As well as what invention would you pick, what would you rename it? I would rename beer "aggro juice"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fcuk inventing something, I'd go back and be Ghengis Khan and pwn everyone. Dude had like 200 wives and fcuked left right and centre. He killed more people a week than the Holocaust did. He is bad ass.

The big downside is that you'd be feckin long dead.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I'd invent vodka, but infuse it with hemp and coffee.

Advertisement