Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The XX

Options
  • 08-08-2009 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Anybody else aware of these? Really excited about the album now, have heard a couple of songs and they seems really well put together, clever and dark while still very melodic and beautiful. Everything I love in a band really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pib8eYDSFEI

There's also a video for Basic Space up on Pitchfork today which is really well shot (and played).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Absolutely stunning debut album, cool as feck, very minimal with crisp beats, sketetal guitar and hushed almost intertwining male and female vocals, but somehow groovy. Love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Looking forward to hearing the album. Have been watching their vids on Youtube. I love "Blood Red Moon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Picked up the album today and will listen to it tonight. But why oh why is "Blood Red Moon" not on it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnyf_03

Got the album last night. First time using iTunes in about two years as I couldn't wait any longer to get it! Very, very good. Liking what I hear so far. Will be listening to this a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Heard a few of their songs due to people linking them here and liked what I heard.

Will pick this up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Pretty good album, very Seventeen Seconds-era Cure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Really loving this, fantastic debut album. Have listened to it numerous times. Even that intro track, excellent! Would love to see them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Listened to it an awful lot over the last week. Love it hope I don't grow sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just discovered them on Donal Dineen's show, the Basic Space single really jumped out. The album is gorgeous, languid, melodic, sweet, the intertwining of the male and female vocals is perfect for what they are trying to do. Actually have to stop myself listening to Basic Space, it's one of the most perfectly crafted songs I've heard in years, laid back, sexy, makes you want to sway. VCR and Crystalised also stand out. And apparently they are all only 19! Cool as fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I'm not getting sick of this at all,really growing to love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Really good record, Islands is the standout track for me, I've had it on repeat all week. Big love to Paul Mcloone for playing their tunes almost daily as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

cannot stop listening to them, theyre so good. saw them at electric picnic there at the weekend and they sounded amazing but they just stood totally static for the entire set. maybe they were just trying to do the dark and mysterious kindof thing but it was boring to watch....
    oh well, theyre great besides! :rolleyes:

Advertisement