Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning fork watch

Options
  • 07-08-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

I have an errant Bulova Accutron Astronaut which is drifting sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Is there to your knowledge a reliable repair shop in Dublin that can retune the fork? Or will I have to export it?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I could be wrong but I know of nowhere here. I do remember a friend of a friend that had one and his died and he couldn't get it sorted here after some trying. This was a few years back mind.

I have heard that the type of battery is very important and if it's the wrong kind, timekeeping can really suffer. Could it be that?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hollowjourney

Hi, as far as I know the isn't anyone in Dublin and probably the only horologist in Ireland who could reliably overhaul a tuning fork is John McGonigle (john@mcgonigle.ch). If he doesn't do it, he should be able to recommend someone in Europe.....he knows all the best watchmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Origipolo

Hi, as far as I know the isn't anyone in Dublin and probably the only horologist in Ireland who could reliably overhaul a tuning fork is John McGonigle (john@mcgonigle.ch). If he doesn't do it, he should be able to recommend someone in Europe.....he knows all the best watchmakers.

I cant see John wanting to look at a tuning fork. Drop it into Sheerans off Grafton Street and look for Peter, he should be able to sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

get onto tz-uk.com

there are a few guys there big into their hummers that will help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I sent it to Croydon Service Centre in the UK. Took four weeks to get back, but is now running beautifully. The sweeping second hand on this is so cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement