Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to Killarney, ticket query

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about going to Killarney using one of the Irish Rail €10 tickets that are avaliable at the moment

Would I be able to buy a return ticket to Tralee, get off the train at Killarney (this prob wont be a problem) and then use the return from KIllarney to Dublin (this is where there may be a problem) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

why? just buy a return to Killarney....or do you mean get off on the eway back from Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

corktina wrote: »
    why? just buy a return to Killarney....or do you mean get off on the eway back from Tralee?

The website wont sell me a ticket to Killarney, it only seems to sell tickets to certain stations.

The €10 special must be booked online (the office is only open during normal office hours, so I can't book over the phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

jahalpin wrote: »
    The website wont sell me a ticket to Killarney, it only seems to sell tickets to certain stations.

The €10 special must be booked online (the office is only open during normal office hours, so I can't book over the phone)

I'm not sure how you're getting that idea.

Of course you can buy a ticket to/from Killarney or any Intercity station (except the Rosslare line) - just type it in and then select the train that you want to travel on. Note that where there is a connecting service, you have to click on both trains.

Note also that you can check the individual leg prices by clicking on the Euro symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

jahalpin wrote: »

I didn't have a problem booking a €10 ticket to Killarney, the website isn't very clear but if there's a €10 ticket to Tralee then you can you can also book the same train to Killarney for €10, I assume they only mention Tralee on their site as it's the end of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KenGriffin

vektarman wrote: »
    I didn't have a problem booking a €10 ticket to Killarney, the website isn't very clear but if there's a €10 ticket to Tralee then you can you can also book the same train to Killarney for €10, I assume they only mention Tralee on their site as it's the end of the line.

Irish Rail usually only mention the terminus stations on their posters and adverts but the offer is generally valid for other stations on the line too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement