Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train

Options
  • 07-08-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Guys or Gals could anybody tell me the nearest train station to Dingle please ? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

spongeman wrote: »
    Guys or Gals could anybody tell me the nearest train station to Dingle please ? Thanks.

Hey that would be Tralee train station. Then you are only about 40mins bus-trip from Dingle ... check out www.buseireann.ie journey planner for bus times to Dingle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

There used to be a train station in Dingle. As the story goes during WW2 a german spy was arrested in it. Apparently their intelligence was a bit out of date.

Walter Simon

On its fifth patrol the U-38 landed Walter Simon, alias “Karl Anderson”, a Nazi agent, at Dingle Bay in Ireland on the night of 12 June. Simon was an experienced spy. He had several successful trips to England. Not noticing grass overgrown on the rusting rail-tracks of the Tralee and Dingle Light Railway which had closed 14 months earlier, he asked “when is the next train?” He was later arrested. [9]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Grand I will get the bus from there thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

spongeman wrote: »
    Grand I will get the bus from there thanks

Tralee is closer but Killarney has a better bus service to Dingle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement