Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep wrangler 4.0L Sport fanatics!!!

Options
  • 07-08-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I have just moved to Ireland from South Africa and brought my 4.0L Jeep Wrangler Sport with me. Its a 2000 model but its all tricked out with 35 inch wheels with BFGoodrich all terrian tyres, suspension and body raised total of 6 inches, chrome bullbars, bumpers and side steps and and and.....
    I was wondering if there are any jeep wrangler lovers out there....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well Hi!

Welcome to Ireland and to Boards.ie

That sounds like a pretty cool machine, wanna put up a pic or 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dieselx9

Thanks man, its good be here although I do miss the sun and the beaches....
    My favourite 4x4'ing is the sand dunes on the beaches of Mozambique, miss that alot...need to find a place here in Ireland where I can go play...
    I tried to add some attachments of my machine, hope it works...

Wow, they are some big tyres :eek:

It's looking well, shame the top will have to stay up for most of the year here!

yeah big shame, I have a hard top for it aswell, its currently on and dont think it will ever be coming off....
    There arent many jeeps here in Ireland, are there?
    I dont do the services on her myself so I need to findout if there is anywhere in Dublin or Kildare that I could trust to do the service on her, you have any ideas?

I dont know, I'm from a different end of the country but someone is bound to know I'm sure.

• Advertisement

cool, I hope so anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Always loved the wrangler thought they were a great jeep!!!! Just always felt the lack of a diesel engine was a big let down (though think they might have one now) and the 4.0l was just a bit to big for me.

That is a great lokin one you have!!!

Best of luck with it and welcome to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

You won't see many Wranglers or other traditional shape Jeep models under 30 years old because of the criminal VRT and road tax regime here :mad:
    Most 4x4s are commercials, passenger models are very expensive in comparison to buy and run.

Hope you like rain! Not taken the soft top off my 101 since I moved here :rolleyes:

Try looking at the Irish Four Wheel Drive Club, http://www.ifwdc.com/ they may have Jeep owners amongst their members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

Check out
    www.leinster4x4.ie/vbulletin
    Really nice bunch with all sorts of vehicles.
    Bare in mind it may get scratched!:D But they have trails to suit all sorts from daily drivers to completely mad yokes!!

yeah im not that much into rain, more sun and surf person myself...i find myself asking why Ireland??? but there is a woman involved...they always seem to be at the root of every decision... anyway I'm loving Ireland so far just need to find somewhere I can play with my Jeep....

thanks dudes, will check out these sites...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

Jeep owner here too (Cherokee), let me know if you find somewhere suitable :-)

Stevo11 wrote: »
    Jeep owner here too (Cherokee), let me know if you find somewhere suitable :-)

Hey Stevo11,

found a really cool site www.leinster4x4.ie/vbulletin (recommended by thethedev). you should check it out. I'm taking my lady (wrangler) to go meet the guys and have a play in the forest soon you should come along will be nice to chat to another jeep comrad!

Advertisement