Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Courses

Options
  • 07-08-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey all,

do IADT run any Flash courses or multimedia type courses that include Flash? Interested in Day or evening courses.

Thanks,

Andy ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Hey all,

do IADT run any Flash courses or multimedia type courses that include Flash? Interested in Day or evening courses.

Thanks,

Andy ;-)

I'm not too sure Andy. Flash would definitely be part of the undergraduate degree courses in Animation, Visual Communications, probably some of the Computer courses. And probably in the some of the post-graduate courses. I can't see it in the evening / weekend part time courses. So I don't think we do a pure Flash course.

What type of course are you after? Short/part time/hobby, post-grad, under-grad?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Andy Rivers

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I am looking for a short / hobby course type thing but eventually moving it up a gear. Just want to see will I like it first.

Thanks,

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Drop ptc@iadt.ie an email - that's the part time courses dept.

If IADT doesn't do it Filmbase does - www.filmbase.ie (full disclosure - I work at IADT and I used to be on the board of Filmbase):

From the Filmbase website:

ADOBE FLASH
    Adobe Flash - Level 1
    Interactive Media Design with Flash CS3
    1 Weekend (also evening course, see below)
    Flash is acknowledged to be the industry leading standard for online delivery of vector graphics, animation, multimedia and interactive content. Flash addresses the needs not only of designers who want to create artwork and animation, but also developers who want to create robust multimedia applications for the internet and CD-ROM and mobile devices.
    This two-day, hands-on course is an introduction to the primary features and interface of working with Flash and is suitable for beginners.
    Course topics include:
    Drawing in Flash
    Creating and manipulating timelines
    Basic animation techniques
    Tweened animation
    Colour effects including opacity etc.
    Publishing
    Basic timeline navigation
    Overview of advanced features (importing video, audio and other media, action scripting, integrating flash into standard web pages)
    Cost: €275 member / €300 non-member
    Dates: 29 & 30 August

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

Hey Andy,

I'm about to start my third year in IADT doing Computer Multimedia Systems & Web Engineering. (Although I'm repeating 2nd yr)

Flash does play a solid part in the course, with one module of 5 this past year (2nd yr) being Multimedia Authoring and entirely devoted to Flash and Actionscript and the likes. In first year, Flash does not play such a major part until midway through the year when it is introduced from a beginners level. In first year there is also quite a lot of Director aswell which some (including a lot of us...) may find strange as it's quite outdated these dates.

Pretty sure there are other courses which use Flash a good bit and maybe moreso than us, but thats just my experience with Flash in the course so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Andy Rivers

Thanks Stephen - sounds like a good course. Although I would think the same as you in terms of director. I think Flash is essential for anyone getting into Web type work.

Cheers,

Andy ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement