Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with Band name

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I saw a band in the Temple Bar music centre about 7-8 years ago. They were an a 10+ person band playing wierd instruments and doing instrumental songs mostly. Looked like a bunch of gypsies to be honest and had a kind of eclectic sound.

I know it's not much to go on, but it might trigger someone as to the name. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,977 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

the best guess i can come up with is the Polyphonic Spree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭boccy23

No not them. Much less known and also a lot older. Could be 15 or more years old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LittleRose

Levellers?

Sorry, No. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 junior joo

The Jimmy Cake ? Size and instrumental bits sound about right but maybe not age and gypsy looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just a wild guess.. Les Négresses Vertes? The original singer, 'Helno' Rota de Lourcqua, died in 1993, but the band carried on for years afterwards..

Chumbawamba played Ireland a few times before becoming 'famous'. Unlikely, but maybe them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

ehm.....Gogol Bordello? dunno if they were around then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Almost certainly not right but Tinariwen?

Friend of mine came through:

Ozric Tentacles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Ahh, cool. My bassist loves them weirdly enough...

• Advertisement
Advertisement