Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review and Marketing Help Please

Options
  • 07-08-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'd appreciate your comments on my site www.proskills.ie. Its still under construction but nearly there.

Some questions I have:

I want to keep the flash content but how can I speed up the loading time and insure the flash always plays?

Whats the best way to get this site listed in all the search engines?

(I should mention that I will be changing my logo to ProSkills Training from Net-Working)

Many Thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

it's a template right? never understand why people want a review on a template?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    it's a template right? never understand why people want a review on a template?
    Templates can be branded and altered to look very different to one another. Hence the way a template has been applied is a perfectly open to constructive feedback.

Is this some sort of design snobbery or am I missing something?

OP, I miss some real definitive logo or branding. Are you proskills or Net-Working, or what? A consistent logo, bigger (or better) than the one on the top left would work for me. Other than that - looks fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Dades wrote: »
    Is this some sort of design snobbery or am I missing something?
    Not at all, I just don't understand why people want feedback on something they didn't have much input into?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭jasgrif11

The company was originally net-working and only changed yesterday to Proskills hence I haven't had time to channge the logos.

Yes I did pick a joomla template as oppossed to writing PHP from scratch. While the template did offer a design I did spend alot of time re-writing the code and customising the content (along with the flash design).

You can spend days looking at a design and not finding flaws or issues with browsers etc hence I wanted some advice from outsiders.

Thanks for the feedbck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Not at all, I just don't understand why people want feedback on something they didn't have much input into?
    The OP was just looking for comments and some answers to a couple of technical questions, not a Golden Spider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I didn't notice any loading problems, the flash was there almost instantly. I'm on a 7mb connection at the real edge of a wireless network.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭jasgrif11

Scumlord thanks that's good news. Now what's the best way to Market the site?

Advertisement