Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MY FF Team- All opinions Welcome

Options
  • 07-08-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

This is my current draught of my team. What do you think? Would you make any changes?

Given
    Hangeland--Evra--Carragher--Insua
    Ireland(C)--Arshavin--Valencia--Modric
    Eubanks-Blake--Beattie

Subs:
    Sorensen
    Hughes
    Murphy
    Doyle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Id try and get a chelsea defender in there, preferably Zhirkov and maybe your strikers need strenghtening, gl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Craig87

Id try and get a chelsea defender in there, preferably Zhirkov and maybe your strikers need strenghtening, gl :D

I was thinking the same your forward line is a little weak. The best way to get points is have a great scorere and make him captain.

I started my team out with Torres as FW Gerrard as MID and worked my way around them cause if one has an off day the other will play well.

I'm a MUFC fan just in case anyone thinks I am just picking my own teams players.

A cheap FW that could have a great season is Doyle he is cheap enough for Wolves and last time he was in the EPL he had a great scoring record.

Other cheap FWs worth a look are. Kevin Davies from Bolton and Dean Ashton from West Ham but Ashton is a bit of a injury worry

This is my current draught of my team. What do you think? Would you make any changes?

Given
    Hangeland--Evra--Carragher--Insua
    Eubanks-Blake--Beattie

Subs:
    Sorensen
    Hughes
    Murphy
    Doyle

If that is Kevin Doyle on your bench I would probably start him. Insua is a risk cause I don't no if he will get many games, I no Areilo is injured but in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

i would definatly say you would need stronger strikers. you have a pretty strong midfield so maybe sacrafice one of them for the likes of torres who if stays injury free will more than likley be top goalscorer or a cheaper option being robbie keane who will probaly net a few this season being back at spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

Made a few changes. Anyone think the forward line is still too weak? I'm thinking of sacrificing one of my midfielders for Torres? any thoughts?

Given
    Hangeland--Evra--Carragher--A Cole
    Doyle--Davies

Subs:
    Sorensen
    Hughes
    Murphy
    Cresswell

Ireland a good enough captain?

• Advertisement

Made a few changes. Anyone think the forward line is still too weak? I'm thinking of sacrificing one of my midfielders for Torres? any thoughts?

Given
    Doyle--Davies

Subs:
    Sorensen
    Hughes
    Murphy
    Cresswell

Ireland a good enough captain?

Modric is a good pick up he will get you some goals and assists from MID along with Ireland.

Davies is a great player as far as goals scored with a poor team. No one can say how well Wovles or Doyle will do but its a good FW line on paper. You MID is very strong, maybe you could change one of them for an out and out goal getter. Like maybe change Valencia and Davies and bring in an Anelka or Torres and a cheaper MID player.

But yeah it looks good.

The problem with a MID as a captain is they will have good and average games if you get a great FW and make him captain the likelihood he scores is better than a MID

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

Final Draught! I think...

Given
    Ireland--Arshavin--Murphy--Modric
    Doyle--Torres(C)

Subs:
    Sorensen
    Hughes
    Marney
    Cresswell

I'm pretty happy with this, what you think?

Final Draught! I think...

Given
    Ireland--Arshavin--Murphy--Modric
    Doyle--Torres(C)

Subs:
    Sorensen
    Hughes
    Marney
    Cresswell

I'm pretty happy with this, what you think?

Adding Torres was a must Iknow that 99.9% of all team will have him but its better to have him and be equalling the points of others than be without him and being shooting yourself in the foot. MID is strong too you should get goals from there too. With the D i personally play three defenders and throw and extra MId or FW up too get extra points. Its down o personally preference but Evra Carrergher and Cole are all pricey if your trade them in for a player equal in quality but lesser in value you could offered to get a Gerrard or Rooney or Robinho into the attack.

Advertisement