Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town Cryer?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

What gives with the man dressed up in an old time outfit ringing a bell who has been around town the past few days? He is protesting about solicitors and tesco but I'm not sure why. I didn't want to get too close in case I caught crazy off him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Probably Three Toe Willie. He's always ranting about something. Nice guy though, for a crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have not spotted this guy. Where did you see him OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

its not willie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    Have not spotted this guy. Where did you see him OP?

I saw him near Cruises St today, and the last day I was in Limerick I saw him on Thomas Street. His poster definitely says something about Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

thudd wrote: »
    Probably Three Toe Willie. He's always ranting about something. Nice guy though, for a crazy.

Willie always took a disliking to me, any time I've seen him and he's spotted me, he screams "Snake eyes" at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

spoon wrote: »
    Willie always took a disliking to me, any time I've seen him and he's spotted me, he screams "Snake eyes" at me.

He spends his days wandering around town being crazy, you win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yes, i saw this guy about a month ago, was giving out leaflets with some 'shocking scandal' about some soliciter, flipped it round to read what it was but the other side was all about what a town cryer actually was.

tesco must be his new target, strange - probably good for tourists though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭georgem25

He was in the market yesterday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

georgem25 wrote: »
    He was in the market yesterday morning

protecting us from the swine flu virus???????
    "unclean unclean"

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Seen him twice.....
    He walks from McD's down patrick street ringing his bell..

His sign mentions corrupt solicitors in limerick city about them being '' legal gangsters' or something similiar.. at the bottom it says something like 'tesco' and ''bigger place'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Saw him today. Strange looking fellow in that ensemble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

saw him last week on o connell st with something about solicitors on his sign lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

RHunce wrote: »
    saw him last week on o connell st with something about solicitors on his sign lol

On a semi-related topic, this being about nuisances on our street and all, where have all the chuggers gone with there lovely clip-boards and there punch-me faces? I haven't seen one of them on O'Connell St or Cruises Street in a long time. I miss being really cold and just blanking them, it was the highlight of my day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paddybjr

Me and my friends dance near him the whole time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

paddybjr wrote: »
    Me and my friends dance near him the whole time :D

talk about crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Just reading this. The poor man isn't really getting his message across very clearly is he?! :D Something about solicitors and tesco! I must keep an eye out for him in the morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw him on Wednsday on Patrick St. I also did not bother reading his sign.

I cant remember why I didnt read it. Im going to assume it was because I wanted to spite him for using that medium to get his message across.

Advertisement