Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access course interview coming up.

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:43pm

I've recently applied to a UCD access night course in history and politics. My interview is coming up next week. I'm just wondering if anyone has done an access course and if so, what the interview entailed?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is this with Thomond? Don't worry, she's really nice. She'll just chat with you about why you want to do the course, what you want to get out of it, what subjects you are interested in, etc.

Afterwards she'll probably send you outside or off to the coffee shop to come up with a sample of writing, probably about why you want to do the course or something. It's not a big deal, it's just to see that you are comfortable with writing.

I did it last year. It's a really good course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Athene

Does anyone know of this course specifically applies to UCD or can it be used to applly to other colleges aswell, I am looking at doing a course myself I just want to make sure I give myself the most options?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah you can apply anywhere and they will encourage you to do so. But the guarantee of a place if you get over 60 percent, etc only applies to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well I did the Science & Engineering Access course and got my place in Trinity. :D
    Doing the course shows the selection panel you are serious about returning to study so doing it will make your application stronger no matter which college you apply to. Some of the courses at UCD do have places set aside for access students - I know science omnibus and engineering omnibus do. Not sure about Arts.

Is this with Thomond? Don't worry, she's really nice. She'll just chat with you about why you want to do the course, what you want to get out of it, what subjects you are interested in, etc.

Afterwards she'll probably send you outside or off to the coffee shop to come up with a sample of writing, probably about why you want to do the course or something. It's not a big deal, it's just to see that you are comfortable with writing.

I did it last year. It's a really good course.

Thanks, mate that's a big help. And yeah, it's with Thomond. I think I've been talking to her on the phone a few times when I rang up inquiring about the course.

I'm a bit nervous about it because I've dropped out of my last course in second year which I was repeating in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement