Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for Glasses

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey, I'm just wondering does anyone know if you can get insurance for your glasses. Considering you might spend 250 on a nice set of designer ones thats a comparable cost to a mobile, and you can get insurance on that.

Also considering the ammount of threads you see hear about people breaking their glasses, plenty of people might get it.

Anyway just wondering does anyone know if it available, and also just on peoples thoughts, how much would pay?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My lenses cost more then that;)they would cost me around 700 euro to replace so they are named on my house insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

700 euro!! They must be them new night vision, see through clothes lenses:)

Putting on house insurance is a good idea actually, sadly with no house thats not an option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

gillo_100 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just wondering does anyone know if you can get insurance for your glasses. Considering you might spend 250 on a nice set of designer ones thats a comparable cost to a mobile, and you can get insurance on that.

Also considering the ammount of threads you see hear about people breaking their glasses, plenty of people might get it.

Anyway just wondering does anyone know if it available, and also just on peoples thoughts, how much would pay?

Hi Gillo,

We have a 'Grand Advantage Card' which effectively covers you for
    any damage to your frame or lenses for two years..cost is 35e.
    The card covers you in all branches in Ireland/UK and Europe.
    For example if you get a scratch on your lens it will be replaced in any of our branches free of charge.
    The card also gives you and your family a further 10% discount on any
    other Spectacle purchases.
    Hope this helps.

Philip
    Vision Express
    19 Henry Street
    Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Moonbeam wrote: »
    My lenses cost more then that;)they would cost me around 700 euro to replace so they are named on my house insurance.

Wow what frame/lenses do you have..Must be the good stuff...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

High index ones

• Advertisement
Advertisement