Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new specs

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

Last september i went for an eyetest in Vision Express and was told i needed glasses. coudln't believe the difference when i got em, but being me, i lost them by Xmas.

i never bothered replacing them, partially down to apathy(and not needing them for everyday life) and the expense.

thing is,i think my sight has gotten worse in recent months,i can no longer make out faces that are more than 10feet away,read signs etc.

so i need another check and new spec. is it better value to go to a smaller optician's or one of the bigger chains?i only need one pair, none of this 2 for 1 shíte!
    thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found supersavers on Talbot st excellent.
    If you have a local optician use them,the service is often alot better then the big chains.
    Remember you can claim alot of the cost back on your prsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Last september i went for an eyetest in Vision Express and was told i needed glasses. coudln't believe the difference when i got em, but being me, i lost them by Xmas.

i never bothered replacing them, partially down to apathy(and not needing them for everyday life) and the expense.

thing is,i think my sight has gotten worse in recent months,i can no longer make out faces that are more than 10feet away,read signs etc.

so i need another check and new spec. is it better value to go to a smaller optician's or one of the bigger chains?i only need one pair, none of this 2 for 1 shíte!
    thanks!

Hi Ya,

Its very frustrating to lose your spectacles and expensive to replace.
    However drop in to me and ill look after you. Ill do a new Sight Test free of charge and ill discount a new pair of spectacles for you..
    Im not working today but back in-store tomorrow..
    Philip
    Vision Express
    19 Henry Street
    Dublin 1

Advertisement