Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grabbing an expiring domain name

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

A couple of years ago I let a .com domain name renewal slip and someone else bought it.
    Its expiring later this month and I would like to get it back if they don't renew.
    Curently whois is reporting:

ICANN Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrar Status: clientTransferProhibited

I guess if they decide to renew then that's the end of it but assuming they don't what is the best method of grabbing it. I know there are sites that say they will grab expiring domain names. Anyone use them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Try namejet.com

If the domain isn't renewed you can probably pick it up there for about 80 dollars + registration fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

blacknight wrote: »
    Try namejet.com

If the domain isn't renewed you can probably pick it up there for about 80 dollars + registration fees
    Is that only for .com's ? What is the situation for .ie's, there one I'd like to grab. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭randombar

You can't buy and sell .ie's like that as far as I know, you need Business number, etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

GaryCocs wrote: »
    You can't buy and sell .ie's like that as far as I know, you need Business number, etc. etc.
    Yeah I know, I've two .ie's. What I meant was, what do I have to do to grab a .ie? There's one expiring in Nov, I wanna try get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Yeah I know, I've two .ie's. What I meant was, what do I have to do to grab a .ie? There's one expiring in Nov, I wanna try get it :)

The only thing you can really do is keep an eye on the domain status - if it changes from "active" to "suspended" then it's likely to drop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MrPatMustard

How come in Ireland you can pick them up more or less immediately after they expire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I registered www.greenpages.ie about 5 years ago and let it expire

Advertisement